Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query regarding workers rights

• 25-09-2019 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

If someone is in HR and receives complaints about certain managers. The HR person then goes to the directors of the company and informs them of the issues. The directors then go to the managers and say the HR person has complained about you. Them managers then make life very tough for the HR person, does the HR person have any recourse. I'm asking for a friend whos new in the game doing their job but getting worried now that their name is going to be dragged through mud and theyll either get fired or forced to quit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Probably more suited to Work Issues than here so I'll move it over there if you don't mind.

My 2 cents.

Your friend is new to the job and if they're in Ireland, they have very little rights yet. The managers know this and are exploiting it. Your friend should document everything that is going on. Who, what, where, when etc and bring it up with the directors again. But they are at the lowest rung of the pecking order so expect the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Cheers, as far as I know they are with the company 3 or 4 years but have moved departments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

So many questions:

Why did your friend go to the directors instead of handle it themselves?

What exact recourse do they want if everyone in that chain told the truth?

How on earth are managers making life difficult for HR? IME it’s HR who hold all the cards in any business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

So many questions:

Why did your friend go to the directors instead of handle it themselves? The managers in question are directors above her, she went to the MD. I should have been clearer

What exact recourse do they want if everyone in that chain told the truth? I have no idea, she is in fear of being forced out because the MD told the directors that she had a problem with them ratehr than her relaying the message

How on earth are managers making life difficult for HR? IME it’s HR who hold all the cards in any business. Its a small company, she is hr, no one else in the dept. Its also new dept that the managers werent happy was being created.

Like I said I have no idea how it works, I was having a chat and she was worried. taught there might be some advice on here

Advertisement