Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to show 1 hour movie in Cork?

Options
  • 25-09-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Cork that I could use to show a 1 hour film to a group of friends? Kinda like a home cinema setup? Somewhere that would have a projector or tv that I could hook my laptop up to?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Your house/apartment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

You could try the Village Hall on Patrick's Quay, they have a function room upstairs and they're usually very helpful for people who want to put things on.

Kino or triskel would have the best set up for it obviously but I don't know how accommodating they'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

xabi wrote: »
    Your house/apartment

Not sure if you are taking the pi$$ or being serious but my place is not an option.
    You could try the Village Hall on Patrick's Quay, they have a function room upstairs and they're usually very helpful for people who want to put things on.

Kino or triskel would have the best set up for it obviously but I don't know how accommodating they'd be.

Never heard of the village hall ... I'll check them out. Kino / Triskel also sound great. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

kingtut wrote: »
    Not sure if you are taking the pi$$ or being serious but my place is not an option.

Never heard of the village hall ... I'll check them out. Kino / Triskel also sound great. Thank you!

Village Hall would be a great venue. Nemo also has an OHP and screen in their function room used by photography clubs etc, may be worth a call and probably not expensive. You'd probably also get access to their bar if that's a plus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Village Hall would be a great venue. Nemo also has an OHP and screen in their function room used by photography clubs etc, may be worth a call and probably not expensive. You'd probably also get access to their bar if that's a plus

Thanks. Also just realised that the roundy offer their upstairs room for free and have a projector. Somewhere free is obviously my preference :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Kino likely the best but they're about 600 to rent for a night. If you only needed it for an hour or 2 at a non-peak time you might do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkRebell

Coughlans bar on douglas st. has a room they use for gigs. I used it earlier in the year for showing some student made films. Capacity for around 50 people seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The Cork International Hotel at the airport have a small cinema room with 12 seats.

https://www.corkinternationalairporthotel.com/conference/corporate-entertainment/cinema-room-private-hire/

The Montenotte Hotel has something similar but maybe on a slightly bigger scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Did you get sorted Kingtut? Great to see you around again

Advertisement