Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Fiber to the home (SIRO)

• 25-09-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Looking for some end user experiences for the above. Im currently with Virgin on there 350m line and cant really fault it, However there price is 65 euro so its gone a little high.

Vodafone is now offering SIRO 1gb to the home for 25 euro a month for the first 6 months and no install charge.

My questions are as follows. With SIRO it still states on the vodafone website up to 1gb, Whats everyone's experience with this? is it 1gb all the time?

Is there service reliable? Whats everyone's 2 cents on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barrystealover

I had vodafone siro installed 2 days ago.(bb and unlimited landline and unlimited mobile)

One box outside,one inside AND a modem beside the inside box.

Of course the installers didn't do what was asked and specified numerous times. Therefore the internal box and modern are:

-nowhere near the phone line to connect the telephone system.
    -nowhere near the desktop therefore working off wireless card AS OPPOSE TO WIRED CONNECTION which i was using previously.

So far the strength is good based on the speed test on google.(101.9 mbps down/104.6 up/8ms latency)

However when the old Vodafone package, i was previously with, is switched off, i will be without phone UNLESS I RUN WIRES TO THE NEW ROUTER POINT.

MY QUESTIONS:

Does the internal box AND router need to be side by side OR can i get a longer wire between internal box and router thereby allowing me to position the router beside desktop and phone cables?

If not can a "Powerline" be used?

I'm considering asking them to come back and move it or else take it away as still within cooling off period.

suggestions/solutions please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah the inside box, the ONT, can be extended off using CAT5e/6.

Powerlines won't keep pace in most homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barrystealover

Thanks.i went for the bb /unlimited mobile calls/unlimited mobile calls.

question 1: Just so i am correct ,to avail of these i have to plug the phone line into the new siro router AND make the phonecalls through the handsets using this new router?

I tested it out and i see the landline number ,when i ring out, is different to my existing number.

question 2: I assume i have to get them to switch it back to my existing number IF I WANT TO HOLD ONTO MY old number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1 - Yes, the router now creates your phone line. Only 1 port may be active (TEL1) but you can split it and connect half a dozen phones if required.

2. Get VF to port your old number onto the new VOIP line. Should only take them a few clicks.

Advertisement