Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Servant Threatens Restaurant Staff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mod, please delete if you feel it's inappropriate
    Its news and relevant to the County so its fine ... however, did I miss the bit that said he was a court officer or is this something you know personally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Yep I've had interaction with him when we had some issues getting payment for services rendered. He's the Court Messenger with responsibility for enforcing orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

county sheriff no?? or used to be i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

A civil servant who threatened to "take the head off a waiter" then wrote to the restaurant threatening court action gets off without a conviction if he makes a donation to charity.
    Admittedly it's a substantial sum (€1,000) however my qualm is that this guy is not just any civil servant but a court officer.

Mod, please delete if you feel it's inappropriate

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/civil-servant-threatened-to-take-the-head-off-waiter-court-told-1.4029156?mode=amp

I would say the judge knew his attitude before hand!!! also the same gentleman operates a b and b and you should read some of the trip advisor replies !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

What does his job have to do with this ? Unless he used his employment in some way why do they have to mention what he does ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement