Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options
  • 25-09-2019 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Apparently some posters have been appearing around Limerick

The posters state that "Islam is right about Women" and have been described as 'inflammatory'

Whats the issue? Is Islam wrong about Women then?

Can someone explain.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-25-at-16-54-03.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Good thing you're not using them in the way that bunch of far right people did. That'd make you a fellow traveller at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Odhinn wrote: »
    Good thing you're not using them in the way that bunch of far right people did. That'd make you a fellow traveller at the very least.

I don't see the controversy myself, can you explain?

Posters is probably a stretch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Powerful bang of sealion off this thread.

VVV An improvement on your first effort, well done VVV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Feminists and anti racism campaigners right now:

download-jpeg-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Feminists and anti racism campaigners right now

download-jpeg-1.jpg

nice :)

I don't see the controversy myself, can you explain?

Pull the other one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The state of those 'posters' pretty much sums up the state of the far right in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Speaking as someone with an amazing ability to find psychotic women, I'm starting to come around to their way of thinking.

The state of those posters pretty much sums up the state of the far right in Ireland

Lacking in depth and just hanging there, flapping away in the breeze...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Same posters were put up in Winchester Mass. over the last few days as well.

ABC reporting that you can actually smell the basement off them.

"Far-right hoaxers behind Islam posters."

There's your answer Harvey, unless you're here to admit involvement.

A pretty desperate attempt at stirring the pot. 1/10, single mark for ingeniously undermining your OP with the Times link.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OP why are you littering around limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Can anyone answer the question though?

Why is it controversial to state that Islam is right about Women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

Why is it a controversial statement to state that Islam is right about Women?

It's funny the way when you post something like this, all the lefties come out and comment about the quality of the posters instead of talking about what's written on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

GR8 B8, M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

noel1980 wrote: »
    It's funny the way when you post something like this, all the lefties come out and comment about the quality of the posters instead of talking about what's written on them.

Traditionally, the Nazis were regarded as the ones with the best branding. The uniforms, the logo, the spectacular rallies. You get loads of people collecting their stuff who swear blind there's not into the politics, like that auld priest in that Fr. Ted episode, or Lemmy from Motorhead.

Hitler would be turning in his grave on the Moon if he saw the state of that poster. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the relationship between third wave feminists and islam is a bit of head scratcher to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

the relationship between third wave feminists and islam is a bit of head scratcher to be fair

Is it? I have no time for Islam or any other religion. Criticise the religion all you want as far as I’m condemned. But I would still push back against discrimination against the actual people who believe.

What exactly does Islam say about women? I don’t believe in Islam so I don’t claim to know everything it says about women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Is it? I have no time for Islam or any other religion. Criticise the religion all you want as far as I’m condemned. But I would still push back against discrimination against the actual people who believe.

What exactly does Islam say about women? I don’t believe in Islam so I don’t claim to know everything it says about women.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Islam

• Advertisement

Carpentry wrote: »

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve no interest in looking it up. I don’t know and I don’t care. Feel free to be annoyed.

Amazing that this is a thread about someone putting up posters about Islam, and it’s a feminism and the left bashing thread.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve no interest in looking it up. I don’t know and I don’t care. Feel free to be annoyed.

Amazing that this is a thread about someone putting up posters about Islam, and it’s a feminism and the left bashing thread.

like I care ... but educate yourself a bit.

Carpentry wrote: »
    like I care ... but educate yourself a bit.

No intention to spend time finding out about Islam. I’ve things to be doing.

Give me a summary when you’re done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Because as a religion it has a disgusting, medieval view of women, their rights and their place in the world.

No intention to spend time finding out about Islam. I’ve things to be doing.

Give me a summary when you’re done.

you overestimate my kindness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Apparently some posters have been appearing around Limerick

The posters state that "Islam is right about Women" and have been described as 'inflammatory'

Whats the issue? Is Islam wrong about Women then?

Can someone explain.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-25-at-16-54-03.png

What is your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

Because as a religion it has a disgusting, medieval view of women, their rights and their place in the world.
    More or less yeah, but more to do with the interpretation of Islam and the churches rule, but yeah some extrem forms .. you would not want to be a woman.
    But one should ask Mary McCalease about the RC view on women as being inherently evil and agents of corruption , and second class citizens, but yeah in a half penny place compared to SOME Muslim set ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Odhinn wrote: »
    Lacking in depth and just hanging there, flapping away in the breeze...?

You're being very kind there, Odhinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some disgruntled looper with a printer and some masking tape took a stroll.

FRONT PAGE NEWS!

Next week - Tracy Murphy gives blowjobs for a tenner here's her number from a toilet wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems to be something that was started in US
    https://www.boston25news.com/news/-islam-is-right-about-women-odd-signs-spark-confusion-in-local-town/987837653

No, Islam is not right about women.

Advertisement