Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

All the "new" accounts signing up for this thread :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Zorya wrote: »
    Grouping God with santa and goblins, which people often do as a way of dismissing awe, presupposes God can only be apprehended as some kind of anthropomorphic being. It is a limiting way of envisioning or bracketing possibilities. Dare I say it is (ironically) parochial?

What AWE ????

Since you question my beliefs let me question yours.

No one ever killed in the name of Santa
    Goblins were never reported for molesting kids like the catholic church.

How any person can worship their invisible friend, and try convince others this God exists is to me mental illness.
    If that is not bad enough the very same so called God religious people believe in would be a vindictive, insecure, flawed god who is suppose to be all powerful, yet his track record and resume is atrocious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

491761.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Wibbs wrote: »
    491761.jpg

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Well considering original post was just a wankfest for some 4chan members I think the quality of thread probably improved by the detour.

• Advertisement

Goblins were never reported for molesting kids ...... - Justin Credible

Im going to stop you there. Are we SURE either of these statements are 100% true?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Goblins were never reported for molesting kids ...... - Justin Credible

Im going to stop you there. Are we SURE either of these statements are 100% true?

:D

well religious people can make blanket statements about the existence of an invisible man, and when asked for proof to back up these claims when the burden of proof lies with them , they try start a circular argument as there is no proof to back up said claims.

So I can make blanket statements and declare them true, as its my belief, and we know how people are entitled to their beliefs.

Except when it does not agree with others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

It IS a belief system. It requires faith in an unproven credo.

Its not in fairness Z.
    Its the absence of a belief system.
    That said, there are those who could be described as zealous in their disbelief

Do you call someone who doesnt believe in faires, and is of the opinion, they dont exist a afairyist?

It IS a belief system. It requires faith in an unproven credo.

Its not in fairness Z.
    Its the absence of a belief system.
    That said, there are those who could be described as zealous in their disbelief

Do you call someone who doesnt believe in faires, and is of the opinion, they dont exist a afairyist?

I will leave this til tomorrow R when Im not sleepy but I disagree. Which is cool, you can think one thing and I can think differently, tis grand. Plus nuance. Very unfashionable is nuance. (Plus dont get me started about fairies. Fairies, goblins, pixies, djinns, devas, elementals - huge presence in the anthropological record. I have never seen one. Do they DEFINITELY not exist? Maybe a Mongolian shaman might have something to tell me about that...As Socrates said wisely about everything, I don't know. )

On second thoughts Roger my going further into why I find atheism to be a belief system would take this thread so far more off course that we are talking interplanetary-scale diversion. I explained my thoughts on the matter earlier, it will have to suffice. And we will have to accept disagreement. Over a pint some time in a parallel universe we can battle it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

meeeeh wrote: »
    Well considering original post was just a wankfest for some 4chan members I think the quality of thread probably improved by the detour.

I think 4chan deserves it's wankfest. 4chan is amazing , they have this power to turn something mundane and create hysteria with it.

That is brilliant. hats off to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

When the flyer "It's ok to be white" came out, immediately people were declared as racists.
    I.e.
    'White supremacist' signs declaring 'it's okay to be white' appear outside MPs' offices

They just don't know how to attack the people behind this sign. The usual tactics of attacking the character and not the argument completely collapses here.

This flyer is a work of genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably about the same shade of white as Jesus.

Unlike you I don't have to guess. It is written in the holy writings of Islam.
    I said to Abu Tufail: Did you see Allah's Messenger? He said: Yes, he had a white handsome face.
    https://quranx.com/Hadith/Muslim/USC-MSA/Book-30/Hadith-5777/
    "Who amongst you is Muhammad?"...
    We replied, "This white man reclining on his arm." The man then addressed him, "O Son of `Abdul Muttalib."
    https://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-1/Book-3/Hadith-63/

If it's ok for Mohammed to be white then surely it's ok for us to be white too?

biko wrote: »

Yeah because the writing from any 2000 year old book (translated fùck knows how many times) are always accurate. If you believe everything that's written in that then you also believe everything written in the old testament too?

If it's ok for Mohammed to be white then surely it's ok for us to be white too?

Its not ok to be white.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Yeah because the writing from any 2000 year old book (translated fùck knows how many times) are always accurate. If you believe everything that's written in that then you also believe everything written in the old testament too?

Actually it tends to be accurate in both books, they have copies and fragments of the Koran and bible from rhe earliest days of both.

Remarkably consistent.

Do you question the holy texts of Islam? Best not mention this to your Muslim friends.

Do you question the holy texts of Islam? Best not mention this to your Muslim friends.

I question all religions and religious texts as i think they are all bullshìt and toxic.

I agree, they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

topper75 wrote: »
    Islam doesn't say anything weird about women at all. Those letterbox things that women from Islamic countries wear is just what happens to be on the catwalks in Kabul this season.
    And last season. And the season before that...:P

I don't have much of a beef with Islam if practiced as a personal faith without imposition on others. I certainly don't have a beef with the rights of one entire half of my own species.

However there are ludicrous incongruities in the thinking of a self-styled 'progressive' left movement that claims to be the champions of the 'downtrodden', well, downtrodden as they perceive them. That is the joke here.

Just checking back in to see if it’s all the left’s fault - whatever “it” is. And I’m delighted to see that “it” is indeed the left’s fault.

I’ve also no problem with religions practiced as personal religion. Trying to tell other people what to do because of your personal religion is bang out of order. The catholic’s have been beaten back into their box in Ireland. I suspect Muslims would try to impose their religion on others if given the chance. No time for that. Back in their box with them. Practice their religion to their hearts’ content from within their box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Its not ok to be white.

Correct.

Its certainly not ok to be white

Correct.

Its certainly not ok to be white

Bol1ocks. I use my whiteness to my advantage regularly. Any time you rely on a bit of charm to get away with something, it helps to be the same ethnicity as the person you’re trying to charm. Works a treat in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I use my whiteness to my advantage regularly

You need to stop doing that.

Its not ok to be white.

Stop your whiteness asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Its not ok to be white.

Blackface immediately!.... wait...:confused:....

Its not ok to be white.

Works out well for me no matter how many people ironically say it’s not ok to be white.

Has anyone in this thread said it’s not ok to be white, in earnest? Seems like a load of people whipping themselves into a frenzy about a boogeyman they know to be imaginary.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Works out well for me no matter how many people ironically say it’s not ok to be white.

Has anyone in this thread said it’s not ok to be white, in earnest? Seems like a load of people whipping themselves into a frenzy about a boogeyman they know to be imaginary.

Boogeyperson

Boogeyperson

Cultural appropriation of a POCs dancing.
    Reported.

You never here a white person say they're going to get down and boogey.

Boogeyperson

Lol. But yes, this is exactly what I’m talking about. In the absence of someone who actually thinks that way, they make it up to pretend it’s prevalent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Cultural appropriation of a POCs dancing.
    Reported.

You never here a white person say they're going to get down and boogey.

courtesy of

https://www.gettyimages.fi/detail/news-photo/photo-of-american-band-wild-cherry-news-photo/104295192

Advertisement