Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

How do they know it was far right hoaxers, surely the far right take a negative view of atleast one of if not both of the subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

Traditionally, the Nazis were regarded as the ones with the best branding. The uniforms, the logo, the spectacular rallies. You get loads of people collecting their stuff who swear blind there's not into the politics, like that auld priest in that Fr. Ted episode, or Lemmy from Motorhead.

Hitler would be turning in his grave on the Moon if he saw the state of that poster. Shocking stuff.

In fairness it's a ****e poster. No denying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's not a poster lads its a printed A4 page that some sad little fùckwit has taped up to cause some sort of reaction.

Going by ops past posts he probably knows said fùckwit by name and has him on speed dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

it's no 'It's OK to be white' ...

it's no 'It's OK to be white' ...

also a 'poster' I failed to see the issue with, ofcourse its OK to be white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This is heavy stuff. I'm wondering how many brain cells would people of Ireland have to fry to take this tripe seriously? Half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

How do they know it was far right hoaxers, surely the far right take a negative view of atleast one of if not both of the subjects.

Is Islam Far Right about Women?

well Islam does often resemble the bogeyman of the 'far right' that some have imagined and regurgitate constantly, but for some reason the hard left don't seem to think islam is in any way right wing and constantly defend it....

Maybe they should change the poster to 'Islam is Far Right about Women'

I agree that Islam and Far Right have the same attitude to women. They are there to be quiet and do what they are told. So I'm not surprised that far right activists think Islam is right about women. Although those are really poor posters and they should try a bit harder next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Maybe they should change the poster to 'Islam is Far Right about Women'

Sure give it go yourself. Any print and a font size of 40 and you're laughing.

Anyway, to clear up the mystery, it was racist basement-dwelling dickheads from 4chan.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/far-right-hoaxers-behind-islam-posters-g7cnkw0b2

An analysis by Storyful, the social media intelligence agency, found that the posters originated on 4chan, the anonymous online message board. The online community is known for spreading hate speech, far-right conspiracy theories and acting as a breeding ground for the white nationalist “alt-right”. Storyful recorded more than 22,400 posts on 4chan over the past month from users that identify as Irish.

The poster campaign was first discussed on the website on September 3, with one user asking where to post the flyers in order to cause “maximum leftist meltdown”. There have been almost daily threads since then encouraging users to print and put up the posters to trigger the “doublethink of the modern destructive left”.

One user said that the left knows that “Islam considers women inferior, contrary to their idea of the ‘strong independent woman’,” but their “slavish subjugation” to Islam and third-world immigrants “prevents them from calling Islam a problem”.

They added: “They cannot call out that they either reject the Islamic stance on woman, or that they support the subjugation of women. Their doublethink — holding two contradictory ideas at the same time — is brought to light, something that makes them feel very uneasy.”

The campaign has been mentioned more than 2,000 times across a number of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and Gab, a social media site known for its far-right userbase. It has been mentioned 860 times on 4chan.

The posters also appeared in other cities, including Boston, Massachusetts, where they were covered by Boston 25 News. Reporters interviewed locals who questioned whether the posters had been put up by a Muslim or by someone trying to incite hatred towards the faith.

Anyway, to clear up the mystery, it was racist basement-dwelling dickheads from 4chan.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/far-right-hoaxers-behind-islam-posters-g7cnkw0b2

An analysis by Storyful, the social media intelligence agency, found that the posters originated on 4chan, the anonymous online message board. The online community is known for spreading hate speech, far-right conspiracy theories and acting as a breeding ground for the white nationalist “alt-right”. Storyful recorded more than 22,400 posts on 4chan over the past month from users that identify as Irish.

The poster campaign was first discussed on the website on September 3, with one user asking where to post the flyers in order to cause “maximum leftist meltdown”. There have been almost daily threads since then encouraging users to print and put up the posters to trigger the “doublethink of the modern destructive left”.

One user said that the left knows that “Islam considers women inferior, contrary to their idea of the ‘strong independent woman’,” but their “slavish subjugation” to Islam and third-world immigrants “prevents them from calling Islam a problem”.

They added: “They cannot call out that they either reject the Islamic stance on woman, or that they support the subjugation of women. Their doublethink — holding two contradictory ideas at the same time — is brought to light, something that makes them feel very uneasy.”

The campaign has been mentioned more than 2,000 times across a number of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and Gab, a social media site known for its far-right userbase. It has been mentioned 860 times on 4chan.

The posters also appeared in other cities, including Boston, Massachusetts, where they were covered by Boston 25 News. Reporters interviewed locals who questioned whether the posters had been put up by a Muslim or by someone trying to incite hatred towards the faith.

Where's the lie tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where's the lie tho?

And there is is :rolleyes:

Where's the lie tho?

The lie comes with your concern trolling in the original post. When you ask 'Can someone explain.' Having got the screen-shot from the story I just linked, feigning ignorance about the whole thing so that you can push your far-right 4Chan agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That dedicated level of sadness makes our own PUA rereg appear well-balanced by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It is very clever because it highlights the paradox of saying I support feminism and I support Islam as the two are polar opposites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

But do the left really support Islam in the same way they support feminism? That’s just a right wing misconception, isn’t it? Claiming Liberals are Islamists because they don’t support active discrimination against Muslims. Right wingers often get carried away with their own hyperbole. The whole thing seems to be based on a false premise, which coupled with the appalling lack of graphic design in the poster, makes it all a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There's a shared hatred of Israel.

Islam is about as repressive a patriarchy as you'll ever find but there is a shared dislike of western hegemony (read western patriarchy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

[HTML][/HTML]

Because anybody who doesn't believe the Left's whitewashing of Islam is automatically "Far Right", "Nazi", "KKK",etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

meeeeh wrote: »
    I agree that Islam and Far Right have the same attitude to women. They are there to be quiet and do what they are told. So I'm not surprised that far right activists think Islam is right about women. Although those are really poor posters and they should try a bit harder next time.

If Conservatives in the West felt the same way about Women then they would have never been allowed to be educated, work, drive, vote, own property,etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I am open minded, I don't spend time with feminists as I don't have a professional job, I just do minimum wage slave jobs, however you have to wonder if the structure of society is healthy nowadays, children are being raised by crèche workers and people barely see their families, in the old days families would live and work off their farms now we have to go spend our days with people who we don't like doing work we don't like, I look forward to the end and I pity all the future men who are born down the years who have mental illnesses/ autism as their society will be even more cut throat, I have heard talk of Univeral payments coming in though, when many jobs become automated and unemployment skyrockets they will have to pay them a living income.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There's a shared hatred of Israel.

Islam is about as repressive a patriarchy as you'll ever find but there is a shared dislike of western hegemony (read western patriarchy).

Why speak of Islam as a singular entity? Surely there’s a whole spectrum of attitude to women in Islam, just as there is in Christianity or Judaism? All three have fundamentalists in one side who suppress women’s voices and activity, and reformers on the other who do the opposite, no?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    If Conservatives in the West felt the same way about Women then they would have never been allowed to be educated, work, drive, vote, own property,etc.

Those morons producing posters are vermin undeserving to be called conservatives. Don't insult conservatives by lumping them with far right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

B0jangles wrote: »
    Powerful bang of sealion off this thread.

VVV An improvement on your first effort, well done VVV

BuT CaN YoU ExPlAiN WhY

PlEaSe ExPlAiN WhY

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Could someone catch me up? Have we figured out why this is all the left’s fault yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Could someone catch me up? Have we figured out why this is all the left’s fault yet?
    Feminism

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Could someone catch me up?

By the pussy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Feminists and anti racism campaigners right now:

download-jpeg-1.jpg

Ha !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Feminism

Probably is all the ruddy feminists too. So we reached the conclusion at the start. But have we figured out how it’s their fault?

Advertisement