Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

volchitsa wrote: »
    Oh dear. Is it the word "first" that you find difficult?

(You seem to think I'm defending Islam, or Mohammed. I'm not. But just like two wrongs don't make a right, one misogynistic ideology doesn't make another misogynisic ideology any better.)

Are you defending aisha and all the other aishas out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

OP needs to get a job as does what ever fúckwít taped the page to the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

The usual suspects are out in force I see, positively apoplectic at the sight of this simple font on a cheap piece of A4, they truly do get emotionally triggered far too easily.

They can't debate it's simple statement, How can they possibly? They've become so entrenched with their defense of this stone-aged Ideology, that they're now faced with a conundrum; admit that they are wrong, and Islam should be completely open to the same level of critique as Catholicism... or go the less mature route, double-down on their ignorance and naivety, and instead go for the low lying fruit;

"This was printed in a basement!",
    "Anyone looking for some discourse on the poster's statement is a Far Right Mysoginist!",
    "The seeming absence of graphic design on this poster is simply appalling to my eyes!"

No prizes for guessing which path was chosen by The Far Left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

The usual suspects are out in force I see, positively apoplectic at the sight of this simple font on a cheap piece of A4, they truly do get emotionally triggered far too easily.

They can't debate it's simple statement, How can they possibly? They've become so entrenched with their defense of this stone-aged Ideology, that they're no faced with a conundrum; admit that they are wrong, and Islam should be completely open to the same level of critique as Catholicism... or go the less mature route, double-down on their ignorance and naivety, and instead go for the low lying fruit;

"This was printed in a basement!",
    "Anyone looking for some discourse on the poster's statement is a Far Right Mysoginist!",
    "The seeming absence of graphic design on this poster is simply appalling to my eyes!"

No prizes for guessing which path was chosen by The Far Left.

Seems like its mission accomplished for whoever put the poster up.

Crude but very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Boggles wrote: »
    OP needs to get a job as does what ever fúckwít taped the page to the sign.

How do you know he doesn't have a job?

Maybe take your own advice you seem to posting consistently

• Advertisement

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Maybe take your own advice you seem to posting consistently

Thank you.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Seems like its mission accomplished for whoever put the poster up.

Crude but very effective.

The fact that they don't understand that it's crudeness and simplicity is largely the point is hilarious. To the Far-Left everything needs to be overthought; they come up with a poster, it's colours and font must of course be mulled over as they sip on a latte, it's slogan must of course reference a pun or meme, and when it comes to printing, only the glossiest of A2 can do... and yet nothing they come up propagates the same level of ire this "poster" has managed to do so swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭volchitsa

HailSatan wrote: »
    Are you defending aisha and all the other aishas out there?

No. But then neither are you nor anyone else on here. Because posting about Islam on an Irish message board is never going to have any effect, good or bad, on those women's lives.

My issue here is that posters using Islam as an excuse for having a go at feminism or left-wing beliefs in general are not "defending" Muslim women at all. It is no more than a very tiny figleaf to justify them having a go at what those posters really hate, ie mouthy western women.

Because that is what is really happening here. Anyone who says they are defending Muslim women by posting on Boards.ie is either lying or very, very stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Last place I lived (a flat), my last neighbours were a Muslim couple. What a delight, they were polite and no bother at all. I never got much beyond a "hello" with herself but that's fine, I got on well with the man. When I compare them to the waster couples I've been forced to live beside...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

volchitsa wrote: »
    No. But then neither are you nor anyone else on here. Because posting about Islam on an Irish message board is never going to have any effect, good or bad, on those women's lives.

My issue here is that posters using Islam as an excuse for having a go at feminism or left-wing beliefs in general are not "defending" Muslim women at all. It is no more than a very tiny figleaf to justify them having a go at what those posters really hate, ie mouthy western women.

Because that is what is really happening here. Anyone who says they are defending Muslim women by posting on Boards.ie is either lying or very, very stupid.

Islam is WRONG about women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I always make the same mistake. I check this type of threads to laugh at the idiots but they always end up depressing me when I realise how many there are.

We really have to do something about disenfranchised not very smart men for the good of society. The loss of their standing in society is making them very destructive and that will affect all of us.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I always make the same mistake. I check this type of threads to laugh at the idiots but they always end up depressing me when I realise how many there are.

We really have to do something about disenfranchised not very smart men for the good of society. The loss of their standing in society is making them very destructive and that will affect all of us.

Absolutely, and may I join with your venture to help those poor disenfranchised not very smart men on the Far-Left, they're few in number, I absolutely agree with you, but they deserve our help as well as our pity, here, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There will also come a time when the Powers that Be here need to tackle this hate spreading as well.

I really dont think there are that many, they just all congregate in the same spot. You'd nearly know the ones off by heart now.

anewme wrote: »
    There will also come a time when the Powers that Be here need to tackle this hate spreading as well.

Seeing as you've openly called for the end of debate and have quite clearly alluded to the banning of posters, would you like to quote one post from someone "hate spreading"

Shouldn't be difficult for you to so seeing as;
    anewme wrote: »
    You'd nearly know the ones off by heart now.

Absolutely, and may I join with your venture to help those poor disenfranchised not very smart men on the Far-Left, they're few in number, I absolutely agree with you, but they deserve our help as well as our pity, here, here.

Here here, thank God for the Edgelord with a €30 printer.

Fight back starts here!!!

Here, here, here......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Gosh what a condescending post. As a smart woman who finds this A4 flyer to be amusing and provocative I refute your charge of being amongst not so smart disenfranchised men who are very destructive.
    All they do is disagree with you. That is all.
    Sure, many have views I find extreme and disagreeable, but there is a kernel of truth at the heart of their opinions. I have great interest in religions and have studied up on Islam and many other religions in my spare time for decades. There is a lot of beauty and wisdom in Islam as there is in other religions and metaphysics. But fundamentalist Islam as aggressively funded and promoted by the Wahhabi or Salafist schools grows ever more dominant and is repulsive in its regressive views about women. Absolutely repulsive.
    There are many valid questions to be asked about the warrior Mohammed and his child bride, and the dreadful commentries on the Koran by Islamic scholars which characterise many aspects of the tenets of modern Islam.

Zorya wrote: »
    As a smart woman who finds this A4 flyer to be

Something doesn't quite compute there.

:)

Gosh what a condescending post. As a smart woman who finds this A4 flyer to be amusing and provocative I refute your charge of being amongst not so smart disenfranchised men who are very destructive.
    All they do is disagree with you. That is all.
    Sure, many have views I find extreme and disagreeable, but there is a kernel of truth at the heart of their opinions. I have great interest in religions and have studied up on Islam and many other religions in my spare time for decades. There is a lot of beauty and wisdom in Islam as there is in other religions and metaphysics. But fundamentalist Islam as aggressively funded and promoted by the Wahhabi or Salafist schools grows ever more dominant and is repulsive in its regressive views about women. Absolutely repulsive.
    There are many valid questions to be asked about the warrior Mohammed and his child bride, and the dreadful commentries on the Koran by Islamic scholars which characterise many aspects of the tenets of modern Islam.

Let's not pretend this thread is about treatment of women in Islam.

Oh and my post was intentionally condescending. It always annoys the right people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

It was made to wind up leftists.
    It worked going by this thread.
    Great entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭volchitsa

HailSatan wrote: »
    Islam is WRONG about women?

Still waiting for you to explain what Islam says that can possibly describe ALL women. We've already established that the veil is (supposed to be) a choice since not all Muslim women wear it.

So until someone tells me what Islam says that is fundamentally different from what lots of religions including many strains of Christianity, Judaism and Buddhism, all say about women (for instance "let women be silent in the presence of men" is a Christian teaching, Timothy IIRC) it's impossible to answer that.

Why don't you give it a go yourself, and answer the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Oh and my post was intentionally condescending. It always annoys the right people.

Stunning and brave!!

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    It was made to wind up leftists.
    It worked going by this thread.
    Great entertainment.

Should have been a trigger warning in the op for them.

Stunning and brave!!

Thanks but I didn't post my picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Boggles wrote: »
    As a smart woman who finds this A4 flyer to be

Something doesn't quite compute there.

:)

Hallo Son :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Someone took the lid of the cesspit

A lot of leftists being triggered by signage in the last few days.

Screenshot-20190925-042620-Chrome.jpg

Ireland against facism, account ran by two women from Sweden. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Last place I lived (a flat), my last neighbours were a Muslim couple. What a delight, they were polite and no bother at all. I never got much beyond a "hello" with herself but that's fine, I got on well with the man. When I compare them to the waster couples I've been forced to live beside...

Poor woman was most likely under strict orders not to engage with a man who wasn't her husband.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Poor woman was most likely under strict orders not to engage with a man who wasn't her husband.

Or maybe she just thought he was a bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

WB Yokes wrote: »
    A lot of leftists being triggered by signage in the last few days.

Screenshot-20190925-042620-Chrome.jpg

Ireland against facism, account ran by two women from Sweden. :)

the last comment "very very very late stage capitalism" as if its going away, hahaha , we'll all be dead and buried before communism is back, and if it does come back we'll all starve to death a lot sooner.

• Advertisement

the last comment "very very very late stage capitalism" as if its going away, hahaha , we'll all be dead and buried before communism is back, and if it does come back we'll all starve to death a lot sooner.

Liam Cunnigham is an out and out gob****e.

Advertisement