Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is it? I have no time for Islam or any other religion. Criticise the religion all you want as far as I’m condemned. But I would still push back against discrimination against the actual people who believe.

What exactly does Islam say about women? I don’t believe in Islam so I don’t claim to know everything it says about women.

The vilest of creatures and that hell is nearly all populated by women.

Just for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Danzy wrote: »

Just for starters.

Do you have quotes from the koran to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Suttree wrote: »
    Lads, I mean this wholeheartedly - would ye' not find a better use for your days than "trolling leftists" on Internet forums? Go for a run, pet a dog, trying talking to a girl - there's a lot more joy to be had in life than buying into this American culture war b*llocks.

1000% agree.

It's just a pity "left" dont do same too

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Just for starters.
    Timothy 2:12, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

Both religions talk shìte about women

Odhinn wrote: »
    Do you have quotes from the koran to that effect?

They are from the hadith. So They are from the faith, inform its jurisprudence etc.

There are countless ones like that.

• Advertisement

They are from the hadith. So They are from the faith, inform its jurisprudence etc.

There are countless ones like that.

You'll have no problem sourcing a few and posting them here then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Liam Cunnigham is an out and out gob****e.

"Millionaire movie star Liam Cunningham lauds the death of Capitalism"

good man Laim

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Do you have anything else to say about islam other than "Catholicism was also bad" as if we haven't been having that discussion for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

there really is no argument here. When islam is put into practice at a societal level, women have a bad time. What woman reading this thread would rather live in a traditional Islamic society rather than the post-christian western society they live in now? Seriously now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

there really is no argument here. When islam is put into practice at a societal level, women have a bad time. What woman reading this thread would rather live in a traditional Islamic society rather than the post-christian western society they live in now? Seriously now.

ofcourse they wouldn't , but they're more afraid of being branded with the R word and convinced by some facebook ads that bringing in a load of muslims into a western country won't result in just that.

• Advertisement

You'll have no problem sourcing a few and posting them here then so.

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176)

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two

Koran sura 4:15 - Lewd women should be punished with life imprisonment until death: “If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, Take the evidence of four (Reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, or God ordain for them some (other) way.”
    But men can get away with the same crime if they simply repent:

“If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for God is Oft-returning, Most Merciful." (Koran 4:16)

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 464:
    Narrated 'Imran bin Husain:

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women."

"Then the apostle sent Sa-d b. Zayd al-Ansari, brother of Abdu'l-Ashal with some of the captive women of Banu Qurayza to Najd and he sold them for horses and weapons.

Ishaq 969 - "Men were to lay injunctions on women lightly, for they were prisoners of men and had no control over their persons."

Hundreds and hundreds like that, Mohamed explaining how to beat your wife, when rape is permissible etc.

Are we still having to pretend that Islam isn't the most brutally sexist, women hating faith of the last 2000 years.

Certainly in the modern world.

Is that used as a basis in law?

Do you have anything else to say about islam other than "Catholicism was also bad" as if we haven't been having that discussion for decades.

I would happily see all religions disappear from the planet, i think they are all toxic and will happily repeat that anytime you wish, you on the other hand only seem to have issues with one religion. I wonder why that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Just for starters.
    Timothy 2:12, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

Except one is the religion of peace that inexplicably prompts female world leaders to don headscarves to display their pious respect and the other can be freely and regularly caricaturised as over populated by child rapists and dreadful misogynists.
    Just a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Speaking as someone with an amazing ability to find psychotic women, I'm starting to come around to their way of thinking.

And they cover themselves up too, so even if she's ugly you can lie to all your mates down the pub and say she's absolutely stu... Ah feck :(
    You nearly notched up another convert there Pat.

Hundreds and hundreds like that, Mohamed explaining how to beat your wife, when rape is permissible etc.

Are we still having to pretend that Islam isn't the most brutally sexist, women hating faith of the last 2000 years.

Certainly in the modern world.

And this is said in other so called "holy books".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

I would happily see all religions disappear from the planet, i think they are all toxic and will happily repeat that anytime you wish, you on the other hand only seem to have issues with one religion. I wonder why that is?

Maybe because no other religious people have slaughtered innocents in the name of their god in recent European history. Just a thought.

But by all means fire ahead with the race card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Correct

Therein lies the problem with people knocking one religion whilst thinking their own is not as mentally insane.

People are free to worship who or whatever they want, but trying to make out their invisible man is better than someone elses invisible friend is mental illness.

To me catholics, muslims, scientologists, etc are all as bad as each other in that believing the dude in the sky exists at all

And this is said in other so called "holy books".

List 10 countries where it is applied in law.

• Advertisement

Maybe because no other religious people have slaughtered innocents in the name of their god in recent European history..................

srebrenica.

srebrenica.

Done in the name of God?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Zorya wrote: »
    Except one is the religion of peace that inexplicably prompts female world leaders to don headscarves to display their pious respect and the other can be freely and regularly caricaturised as over populated by child rapists and dreadful misogynists.
    Just a bit weird.

Which one is which? Because women are supposed to cover their hair and wear black when meeting Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

when rape is permissible etc.

Wasn't that long ago when rape was permissible in this country.

Done in the name of God?

Yep. Orthodox christians killing muslims because they were muslims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

meeeeh wrote: »
    Zorya wrote: »
    Just a bit weird.

Which one is which? Because women are supposed to cover their hair and wear black when meeting Pope.

Will ya stop. You are just being disrespectful now to the hundreds of women sentenced to decades each in Iran for not wearing scarves. Not to mention ones elsewhere being stoned.

Boggles wrote: »
    Wasn't that long ago when rape was permissible in this country.

...within marriage up until 1990 afaik.

Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Maldives, Brunei.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

...within marriage up until 1990 afaik.

Yip.

First conviction wasn't until the 2000's as far as I remember.

• Advertisement

Yep. Orthodox christians killing muslims because they were muslims.

There was a lot more to that conflict than religion but you already know that.

Interesting that you didnt bring up your IRA pals though.

Advertisement