Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Zorya wrote: »
    Will ya stop. You are just being disrespectful now to the hundreds of women sentenced to decades each in Iran for not wearing scarves. Not to mention ones elsewhere being stoned.

I love it when this kind of nonsense is being dragged out. I'm not disrespectful to anyone I just pointed out that women are supposed to wear a scarf when meeting Pope. It's surprising that only answer self confessed intelligent woman is able make is the equivalent of starving kids in Africa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Boggles wrote: »
    Wasn't that long ago when rape was permissible in this country.

Whataboutery 101

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

WB Yokes wrote: »
    There was a lot more to that conflict than religion but you already know that.

But religion was a large part of it, and that massacre was most certainly an act where the faith of one led to their targeting by the other.

Do tell more. It will be interesting to hear your expert opinion on that.

By the way I grew up in Yugoslavia. I don't remember any Muslim women wearing headscarves (except the same ones the other women of certain age would wear) until after years of being shot at and bombarded. If Muslim women are wearing headscarves there today it is because of more radicalised positions on all sides during and after the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Odhinn wrote: »
    But religion was a large part of it, and that massacre was most certainly an act where the faith of one led to their targeting by the other.

Are we to pretend that the war in the North was religious as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I would happily see all religions disappear from the planet, i think they are all toxic and will happily repeat that anytime you wish, you on the other hand only seem to have issues with one religion. I wonder why that is?

I would also welcome that. I have an issue with all of the major religions, you won't find a single post where ive given christianity or judaism a good turn. But its about whats active now, im not going to start about how barbaric an ancient religion is, Ireland is completing the decline of catholacism, Islam is the problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I would also welcome that. I have an issue with all of the major religions, you won't find a single post where ive given christianity or judaism a good turn. But its about whats active now, im not going to start about how barbaric an ancient religion is, Ireland is completing the decline of catholacism, Islam is the problem now.

How has it affected you?

It was a war and the Muslims committed their fair share of atrocities also. They were as bad as the serbs. I'd go as far as to sat if they had the power to cleanse the serbs they would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Ah lads its all getting a bit heated,the leftists are way too triggered.
    How about a bit of comedic relief.

My favourite was...."heres 3 words,go away":pac::pac:

How has it affected you?

about as much as Catholicism in Ireland has. but i suppose if we want up to date examples , hearing female friends tales of harrasment by muslim men, a friend moving back from the UK because of intimidation.

• Advertisement

It was a war and the Muslims committed their fair share of atrocities also. They were as bad as the serbs. I'd go as far as to sat if they had the power to cleanse the serbs they would have.

Please elaborate some more. I'm in awe how someone can write so much nonsense with such authority.

about as much as Catholicism in Ireland has. but i suppose if we want up to date examples , hearing female friends tales of harrasment by muslim men, a friend moving back from the UK because of intimidation.

So it hasn't affected you at all, i thought not.

What I find fascinating is that he has female friends. :D

No our children haven't been gang raped or blown up by muslims yet like what happens in your country.

meeeeh wrote: »
    What I find fascinating is that he has female friends. :D

Amazing how they knew they were "Muslim men"! I wonder did they stop to ask them what religion they were from :rolleyes:

No our children haven't been gang raped or blown up by muslims yet like what happened in your country.

yeah. It appears by his logic we have to wait till our other halves are acid attacked to give out about it...

No our children haven't been gang raped or blown up by muslims yet like what happens in your country.

They were though, just not by Muslims.

yeah. It appears by his logic we have to wait till our other halves are acid attacked to give out about it...

That poster seems to have a hard on for muslims. Wont have a bad word said about them. Funny that he lives in one or the whitest places in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Do tell more. It will be interesting to hear your expert opinion on that.

By the way I grew up in Yugoslavia. I don't remember any Muslim women wearing headscarves (except the same ones the other women of certain age would wear) until after years of being shot at and bombarded. If Muslim women are wearing headscarves there today it is because of more radicalised positions on all sides during and after the war.

I have good friends still living in those parts who say that Muslims and Christians lived well together over the centuries, apart from the war, but there has been an influx of Saudi money in the rural parts, new mosques, and a rise of fundamentalism that was not there before.

Yeah that's what you are up against with people like that.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what you are up against with people like that.

People like what?

Zorya wrote: »
    I have good friends still living in those parts who say that Muslims and Christians lived well together over the centuries, apart from the war, but there has been an influx of Saudi money in the rural parts, new mosques, and a rise of fundamentalism that was not there before.

Yes after and very late in the war and after Croatians (catholics) and Serbs (orthodox Christians) managed couple of meetings during killing each other and decided how to split Bosnia and attacked Muslims from both sides. That says something about Christian solidarity.

So it wasn't about religion (according to you) and all of a sudden now it is?

People like what?

I've seen you repeat that question a few times "how does it affect you" that's your go to question when someone criticises anything and you dont like it.

Maybe Muslims didnt affect the thousands of teenage girls in Northern England before they raped them.

Or the 3 thousand killed by Muslims on 9/11.

It's a silly question to ask, should we all not care about things unless they affect us directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

They were though, just not by Muslims.

People are scared of it happening again by another group who have been in the news for this and other violent behaviour but your saying don't talk about it because priests.

So it wasn't about religion (according to you) and all of a sudden now it is?

I'm not saying it is, was the war in Ireland about religion?

SexBobomb wrote: »
    People are scared of it happening again by another group who have been in the news for this and other violent behaviour but your saying don't talk about it because priests.

Where did i say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Is it baiting people on the internet because you feel so insignificant in your life. This thread is interesting study in impotence.

That you would actually write the above, only moments after writing the below, shows a willful lack of self reflection, you appear to be doing exactly what you are criticizing.
    We really have to do something about disenfranchised not very smart men for the good of society. The loss of their standing in society is making them very destructive and that will affect all of us.

Quite frankly, your snipes about impotence, intellect, and impoverishment, all reek of projection. Might I suggest you at least try to debate the topic at hand without these childish taunts and insults.

This is just pathetic by the way, if you are above the age of ten you should be appalled with yourself;
    Why do you hate all women including your mother so much?

Another ten pages comparing a congregation and a clergy.

And lots of whataboutery.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying it is..............

You are. Earlier you weren't. Why the sudden turnabout?

Advertisement