Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam is right about Women

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Another ten pages comparing a congregation and a clergy.

And lots of whataboutery.

Its the constant bitchy snark and petty animus instead of offering opinions to be discussed that always makes me click unfollow.
    Unfollows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Odhinn wrote: »
    You are. Earlier you weren't. Why the sudden turnabout?

I'm not, two sides just happened to be different religions as in the north of Ireland. Do you think the conflict in Ireland was a religious one? If you dont want to answer just say.

I've answered your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Both religions talk shìte about women

And yet;
    Critique Catholicism and you'll be embraced by the Far-Left,
    Critique Islam and be very prepared for the Far-Left to label you both fascist and racist.

This poster, crude and simple as it is, really shines a light upon just how simple-minded the Far-Left really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

WB Yokes wrote: »
    I'm not, ................

You stated that muslims carried out sectarian attacks as well (which is entirely true) yet a few posts earlier there was no religous motive at all, according to you. Do you admit you were wrong earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

You never said don't talk about it, I was summarising what I view your position to be. I don't think you would actually want to shut down a debate, just lots of what-aboutery really. You must admit though there is an atmosphere of obfuscation by media when it comes to this topic.
    Magdalene laundries?
    Can you name any religion that is?
    Both religions talk shìte about women
    How has it affected you?
    They were though, just not by Muslims.

People are scared because of what they see in the news connected with wahabi and sunni Islam, there seems to be a trend of denying that there is a disconnect between modern western values and hard line Islam. When people express their concerns or dislikes (fairly or unfairly) all that comes back is well catholics did bad things too. We know and I hope those monsters burn for what they did/ allowed to happen.
    I do feel bad for moderate muslims and those looking to reform the religion or practice their faith alongside their modern values and norms especially those who are LGBT+ born into a muslim family.
    Maajid Nawaz is someone people should check out.

• Advertisement

You stated that muslims carried out sectarian attacks as well (which is entirely true) yet a few posts earlier there was no religous motive at all, according to you. Do you admit you were wrong earlier?

I said muslims committed atrocities against the Serbs I didnt say they were sectarian attacks. Now for the third time I'll ask do you believe the conflict in northern Ireland was a religious one?

Dont be a coward Odhinn, answer the question or jog on and dont quote me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

duplicate post soz. ignore

I said muslims committed atrocities against the Serbs I didnt say they were sectarian attacks. ...............

But they were sectarian attacks. You were essentially responding to the fact that serb orthodox committed atrocities with "But the muslims".

But they were sectarian attacks. You were essentially responding to the fact that serb orthodox committed atrocities with "But the muslims".

Do you think the conflict in NI was a religious one? :)

Do you think the conflict in NI was a religious one? :)

What has that to do with "Islam is right about women"? Is it Gerrys beard?

• Advertisement

What has that to do with "Islam is right about women"? Is it Gerrys beard?

About as much as Srebrenica has to do with it.

But you brought that one up.

You are obviously incapable of answering that question and I think we all know why.

About as much as Srebrenica has to do with it.

But you brought that one up.

No, that was you, actually.

Maybe because no other religious people have slaughtered innocents in the name of their god in recent European history. Just a thought.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111354601&postcount=200

Serbs didn't kill muslims in the name of their God.

....they killed for their god, or because of the god of their victims. You can split hairs with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Would you stop talking about the conflict in Yugoslavia like you know anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Magdalene laundries?

I need examples of the uneducated claim. More than just the single example provided, an example that rightly deserves its place in history to be never forgotten and forever used as a reminder of how human beings can be utter scum but I'm still failing to see how Islam and Catholicism are the same in how they treat their women. When you see the complete and utter lack of respect shown towards them within the religion and in their culture on a daily basis. You do not read about and view videos of Catholic women being beaten, assaulted, raped and outright being treated as less than equal to men in the way we see and know of Muslim women to be treated. The only commonality is that they are a religion.

How Catholicism treated its women (during the time of the laundries) still pales in comparison to how Islam has treated its women in the past and how it will continue to treat its women going forward.

Your argument is dead. It's based on pure emotion and not fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Quite frankly, your snipes about impotence, intellect, and impoverishment, all reek of projection. Might I suggest you at least try to debate the topic at hand without these childish taunts and insults.

This is just pathetic by the way, if you are above the age of ten you should be appalled with yourself;

This would be quite hard hitting if it came from someone I respect . But no danger there.

Anyway boys I suggest you join Women's council and help them to highlight abuse about women. I'm sure they will appreciate your help.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Would you stop talking about the conflict in Yugoslavia like you know anything about it.

You dont give the orders around here sweetheart. I'm finished my conversation with odhinn anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

And yet;
    Critique Catholicism and you'll be embraced by the Far-Left,
    Critique Islam and be very prepared for the Far-Left to label you both fascist and racist.

This poster, crude and simple as it is, really shines a light upon just how simple-minded the Far-Left really are.

Well see Labour Mps in England speak to gender segregated crowds in halls, share platforms with people who celebrate the holocaust etc.

Common behaviour elsewhere.

The hypocrisy is shocking, driven by electoral strategy rather than what it was dressed up as.

I recall Peter Tatchell, the gay rights activist, a man who has an acquired brain injury for his troubles in that field, protesting alone outside Ken Livingstone office as he met Yusuf alQaradawi, Fatwa council head flor Clonskeagh, probably the leading Sunni cleric worldwide, a man who calls for death to gays Jews etc in line with his faith.

He was attacked and pilloried as being racist etc.

****ing charlatans at this stage.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Quite frankly, your snipes about impotence, intellect, and impoverishment, all reek of projection. Might I suggest you at least try to debate the topic at hand without these childish taunts and insults.

This is just pathetic by the way, if you are above the age of ten you should be appalled with yourself;

This would be quite hard hitting if it came from someone I respect . But no danger there

It's not supposed to be hard hitting, nor does your respect or lack thereof have any bearing; you are posting with zero substance or maturity, aggressively sniping pathethic taunts and projecting your own inadequacies on others, I merely attempted to appeal to your mature side that might want to debate with decorum... I apparently I over estimated you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Suttree

You do not read about and view videos of Catholic women being beaten, assaulted, raped and outright being treated as less than equal to men in the way we see and know of Muslim women to be treated. The only commonality is that they are a religion.

How Catholicism treated its women (during the time of the laundries) still pales in comparison to how Islam has treated its women in the past and how it will continue to treat its women going forward.

It was pointed out earlier in this thread that rape within marriage wasn't illegal up until relatively recently - women in public sector jobs had to give them up on getting married - children out of wedlock were referred to as bastards and at times mother's ostracized - all in a country that took its social and moral queues from the Catholic Church. This is just the treatment of women, without getting into the fact that the Church rendered the rape of children into an industrial process (abetted by a compliant state).

Is Islam perfect? Far from it - I disagree with many of its more conservative tenants, and how it dictates policy in many states in the Middle East. What I also disagree with is edgelords trying to stir up xenophobia - we have enough of our own native problems.

A lot of the lads on this thread, including the OP, see themselves as some kind of alternative intellectuals sticking it to the "leftists" - the truth is they're just not all that bright, and they're lacking in a meaningful social circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It's about as relevant to my thought patterns as a poster that says "Ash was right about bulbasaur" , who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

We need a "which is the best religon in the world" competition.

The insults would be gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's have to be a live event with a free bar.

Danzy wrote: »
    It's have to be a live event with a free bar.

People shouldn't drink on empty heads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

akin to voting which mental illness is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Jainism; the extreme ones are even less harmful :D
    "Religions are just a failed sciences"-Sam Harris

akin to voting which mental illness is the best

Well do that poll next!

Suttree wrote: »
    the truth is they're just not all that bright, and they're lacking in a meaningful social circle.

Ah we have another poster to add to the ever dwindling ranks of those with either no comprehension or regard to the rule of "Attack the post, not the poster."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    My very 1st post in this thread asks...

Then 3 more posts about winding up leftists

And what do ya know,we have a winner!!!

So you're admitting trolling? Go you. Hope it makes your weekend. :rolleyes:

How sad.

Advertisement