Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bin Cleaning Service

• 25-09-2019 5:11pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that will come out and clean your bins really need to get my brown bin cleaned as it is disgusting and smells?

I did get it done before but can't find the details of the person that did it.

Many thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

I would recommend a DIY job. Pour a bottle of thick bleach into it coating the bottom and the sides and underside of the lid.

Dilute by filling it with water from a garden hose. About half way. Leave it for an hour. Come back and scrub it with a yard brush. Tip it out down a shore and rinse it out with the hose. Scrub the outside of it with Fairy and the yard brush. Rinse again with the hose.

You'll spend 30-50 getting someone to do it and a bottle of Tesco thick bleach is > 70c

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Thanks for the reply would much rather pay to get it done so I don’t have to touch it. I see loads of companies that cover Dublin but none for Kildare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

An alternative is to get compostable bin liners (Thorntons provide these to their customers automatically). Important to note, you will need a 140 litre liner (I'm guessing your brown bin is the same height as "standard" bins but narrower- if not, you need 240 litre liners for the full size bin). Also important to note that bin liners are precisely that- they are designed to go into the bin and then slide out when the bin is emptied- this isn't the same as a compostable bag that is designed to be strong enough to be picked up with food waste in it.

Compostable bags and liners are always (I don't know of any exceptions) pale green to differentiate them. You occasionally see "biodegradable" black bags, but these aren't suitable for brown bins as they break down over a longer period of time.

And with respect to GavMan, using an entire bottle of bleach to clean a bin is a bit over the top in my opinion- I accept that it is cheap, but it still a chemical that should be used in moderation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Compost liners are a disaster and nine times out of ten they end up hanging out of the front of the bin, much better option is to wrap food in newspaper before putting it into the bin.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

100% looking for a company to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I drive a bin lorry so used to the smell etc but about a month ago I cleaned my organic bin. Never again haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that will come out and clean your bins really need to get my brown bin cleaned as it is disgusting and smells?

I did get it done before but can't find the details of the person that did it.

Many thanks,
    TCP/IP
    Where are you?

I'll do it for a hundred notes.

Advertisement