Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked woman walking around

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

It's clear to me a certain user is hellbent on degrading a person who obviously were not in the right frame of mind. Calling the rest of us snowflakes for showing some dignity and respect. I really hope you'd show some compassion if it was someone close to you. Because you're behind a keyboard you think you can humiliate someone. Big brave man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If you saw someone walking naked down the street, regardless gender, would you not take notice and look?
    Would you draw your companion's attention to the event?

Is there much difference, at a basic level, in someone saying look this is what I saw yesterday, and showing a video of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

It's clear to me a certain user is hellbent on degrading a person who obviously were not in the right frame of mind. Calling the rest of us snowflakes for showing some dignity and respect. I really hope you'd show some compassion if it was someone close to you. Because you're behind a keyboard you think you can humiliate someone. Big brave man.

Reported for aggression and lack of sense.

If you saw someone walking naked down the street, regardless gender, would you not take notice and look?
    Would you draw your companion's attention to the event?

Is there much difference, at a basic level, in someone saying look this is what I saw yesterday, and showing a video of it?

Nobody has the right to take a video of a naked person. Come on its not that difficult is it? It's common decency

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Nobody has the right to take a video of a naked person. Come on its not that difficult is it? It's common decency

Do not mix up rights with 'common', or uncommon decency.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A few reported posts have come in. I would like to remind people that we all have differences of opinion and because these vary, sometimes people will not agree with you. If we all agreed, this would be a very boring place. Please when disagreeing, question (attack) the post and not the poster. Some insults thrown here have been of sub playground standard, so I'm also ignoring these for now.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Quite common feature for bipolar patients with manic episodes to walk naked in public places, very sad people are sharing images of someone who is clearly suffering - sad that people still find this thing amusing .

Actually if someone is walking down the public street naked people do in fact have a right to video them, there is no right to privacy on a public street.

What were are aruging here is SHOULD people have recorded her and I do agree the answer here is no. I do agree uploading footage like this can really damage a person and its really bad form.

Actually if someone is walking down the public street naked people do in fact have a right to video them, there is no right to privacy on a public street.

What were are aruging here is SHOULD people have recorded her and I do agree the answer here is no. I do agree uploading footage like this can really damage a person and its really bad form.

Well I mean from a moral point of view it's definitely sick

Chiparus wrote: »
    Quite common feature for bipolar patients with manic episodes to walk naked in public places, very sad people are sharing images of someone who is clearly suffering - sad that people still find this thing amusing .

Ah, what gives you the impression that people find it amusing.

Also how do you know the person is suffering.

Mr Assumption

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ThumbTaxed wrote: »

The comments in this thread, the flippant attitude of some people making puns.
    Idiots sharing it on the internet sure as feck aren't doing it to keep up with the national news
    :rolleyes:

How do you know their not?

Its not normal for a person to walk down the street naked, so you play the odds that there is something not right with the person. Only an fool thinks this behavior is perfectly normal.

Mr Assumption

Just a hunch based on my six years of medical school and 20 years of post graduate experience- much of it dealing with acute psychosis and delirium .

Why do you ask?

(and it is Dr. Assumption to you):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Doesn't look good for the owners of CCTV footage that it got released. I'm sure someone has/should have lost their job by now

I heard he was tyred of working there anyway.

Just a hunch based on my six years of medical school and 20 years of post graduate experience- much of it dealing with acute psychosis and delirium .

Why do you ask?

Ah am I supposed to be impressed with this? A new low trying to impress someone on a thread with an education which is standard nowadays.

Photos now of a guy walking around naked in Ballybricken.

Guess he is a drunken eejit though?

Let's ask the resident doctor with his ever so impressive cv. He can clearly diagnose based on hearing, never mind seeing, videos. Bravo Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

seen the videos... and the worst part as she walk naked by people no one actually stops her and asks her is she ok, or dont look they try to do anythign to help..

robtri wrote: »
    seen the videos... and the worst part as she walk naked by people no one actually stops her and asks her is she ok, or dont look they try to do anythign to help..

Can't nowadays. Someone would accuse you of something. Best to ignore.

Ah am I supposed to be impressed with this? A new low trying to impress someone on a thread with an education which is standard nowadays.

You have an education?

Who knew?

Let's ask the resident doctor with his ever so impressive cv. He can clearly diagnose based on hearing, never mind seeing, videos. Bravo Doc.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

People only care now on social media. Nobody gives you likes for doing things in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

It shows alot about how we have evolved that we think someone walking around naked or ie in their natural state is 'mentally unwell'

I heard rumours that it was for a global warming protest, and you never actually know! May be so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

It shows alot about how we have evolved that we think someone walking around naked or ie in their natural state is 'mentally unwell'

I heard rumours that it was for a global warming protest, and you never actually know! May be so.

I was thinking that myself. People on here jumping to conclusions but mainly just getting offended for someone else. If twas a man walking down there he'd surely be arrested would he? Not be called mentally unwell either just a pervert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Have ye seen the video? Like the woman looks to know what she's doing, she doesn't really look very unwell or in distress

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Only you've mentioned this here.

Mod Warning:
    I'd suggest you ease off on the attempts of attacking other posters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

This is about the 15th video I've seen of random naked walkers in the past 6 months, all in Ireland or the UK. Exactly the same lucid and calm demeanor. Mental illness for all 15 it's not. Be looking at headshop ****e that still floods the market and sold as something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Mr Assumption

Let it go, let it goooo ……

:rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Why do you ask?

Highly impressive, to make a diagnosis of a suspected mentally ill patient from a short video with no sound, outstanding work sir. I'm assuming your a man, women tend not to blow their own imaginary trumpet. Learned that in school too.

From my 25 years of partying and 'working' in similar situations, this woman to me is, to use the non medical term, off her head.

Flakka is what you should be looking at doctor. Not making assumptions with no evidence other than a person's state of dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hoboo wrote: »
    Highly impressive, to make a diagnosis of a suspected mentally ill patient from a short video with no sound, outstanding work sir. I'm assuming your a man, women tend not to blow their own imaginary trumpet. Learned that in school too.

From my 25 years of partying and 'working' in similar situations, this woman to me is, to use the non medical term, off her head.

Flakka is what you should be looking at doctor. Not making assumptions with no evidence other than a person's state of dress.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/headshop-drug-flakka-violence-warning-18777518

Some people are stupid. Most get what they deserve in the end .
    Does that seem like a 'good time' ? 'Deadly buzz' ….. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I was saying the same yesterday, but it is a extremely unexpected and jarring thing to see. As a male and from my own perspective I don’t know how I’d react. I’d certainly question whether stopping her would heighten any distress experienced and would not know what to do personally.

Shame on those laughing and joking about this or making comparisons to “if that was a naked man there’d be a different view” that’s beside the point.

The damage done by mass sharing these vids can have a terrible impact on a person and we all we have to do is google the outcome of that lady in Dublin a few years ago. She was struggling with mental issues and the footage was widely spread by normal people as well as in Garda WhatsApp groups and members of the DCC.

For a society who are supposed to be well aware of how mental health issues can have drastic effect on people most seem to just happy to have the laugh as long as it doesn’t burden their doorstep. Sign of the times eh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement