Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big mess with job offers.

Options
  • 25-09-2019 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going unreg for this one, would appreciate any advice.

I work in an industry which (like most?) has been experiencing a sever drought of good talent for the last 5 years or so.

I had worked for company A for the last 5 years, having spend a number of years in the industry previously in smaller firms. company A is family run, the second biggest player in its industry in the country and would be renowned for what it does, both by the consumer and in the industry.

I was conscious I had kind of plateaued there around 2 years ago due to one thing and another and decided to move on. I was offered a management level job with a smaller local firm, company B and accepted. Company A made me a strong counter offer to stay. I accepted and spent another 3 years there, tipping away, doing a good job but not really progressing.

I was approached by company C, the biggest player in the industry in Ireland around 3 months ago, to fill the same role I do for company A, offered a pay increase and some perks, VHI, pension etc. I accepted, to shake things up for myself and the change of scenery.

Cut to a few weeks back and local company B contact me. Remember us from a few years ago? how do you fancy a job, again? Had a chat, agreed a deal. Handed in notice with company C, due to finish with them Friday week.

Monday just gone and Manager of company C calls me into the office. He doesn't want to leave me, would like me to work with management there, will progress my position with immediate effect, a pay rise that I genuinely couldnt have dreamed off, it's almost a multiple of my current salary.

Company B is a small affair. I'd be getting a very modest pay rise to go there, limited scope for progression in the long run but it would be good to gain management experience in the short term. It's within walking distance of my home, too.

Company C is huge. Big pay increase and some nice perks. Also probably limited progression after this point unless I'm in it for the extremely long haul. It'd be a great place to gain that level of experience. It's a decent commute away but I'm already doing that, so no big deal.

Opinions?

My gut is to stick with C, I'm already there working with a sound team, good salary, good perks, they looked for me initially, not I them. But then B have been very fair with me twice over, would it be rude to dismiss their offer again? How would I even approach that? Maybe C is biting off more than I can chew, maybe B would be too slow a pace?

Head is wrecked.

Advertisement