Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIR Issue

Options
  • 25-09-2019 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

Lads/ladies im at my wits end here. I have 3 flood lights and 2 PIR's. There was a power cut last year and they were stuck on after it. No matter what i did they wouldnt go off. So i just replaced the PIR's there with new ones of the same make

Here is the behavior

-Turn on power lights come on
    -Lights go off at required time,say 1 minute
    - trigger PIR lights come on
    -Lights dont go off at all

now here is where it gets weird. If i trigger the PIR while the lights are stuck on, then the lights will go off after 1 minute

No wiring as changed in 10 years! and they worked fine until the power cut last year.

open to any and all suggestions here :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mikewebb1

Either pir switches on 3 lights?take off one of the pir heads

Did u rewire the bases as well or just the tops

Try them one at a time ,you prob mixed up a live in/out unless there's a faulty pir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

mikewebb1 wrote: »
    Either pir switches on 3 lights?take off one of the pir heads

Did u rewire the bases as well or just the tops

Try them one at a time ,you prob mixed up a live in/out unless there's a faulty pir

Yup either pir switches them all on. Didn't have to rewire bases just replaced the heads, same type of pirs so just left the bases.

Will start eliminating the pirs again on saturday. All brand new units though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mikewebb1

dashoonage wrote: »
    Yup either pir switches them all on. Didn't have to rewire bases just replaced the heads, same type of pirs so just left the bases.

Will start eliminating the pirs again on saturday. All brand new units though
    Its easy cross a wire

Double check before u remove a head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

mikewebb1 wrote: »
    Its easy cross a wire

Double check before u remove a head

Cheers Mike....will check them the weekend again!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Isolate the power supply from the consumer unit and turn it back on after 10 seconds. This will reset the lamps and take them out of "Permanently on" mode.
    https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/floodlight-with-pir-constantly-on.36114/

• Advertisement
Advertisement