Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitchen

Options
  • 25-09-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭

We have a bog standard 2001 built 1000sq ft 3 bedroomed terraced house.
    I’d like to get a new kitchen including fitted kitchen new sink oven, hob and extractor fan. I need a new splashback but not a new floor fridge or washing machine.
    Can someone tell me how much I need to beg off the credit union? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Get prices from kitchen suppliers, then pick what you want, then go to credit union. Kitchens vary from as little as 1000 up to 10 times that deoending on what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Pulling out the old kitchen and buying and fitting the new one incl floors, you're talking 6 grand to 8 grand for something decent. But as poster above said, the sky is the limit. A neighbour of mine spent 15 grand on her bathroom. Unbelievable. But there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

myshirt wrote: »
    Pulling out the old kitchen and buying and fitting the new one incl floors, you're talking 6 grand to 8 grand for something decent. But as poster above said, the sky is the limit. A neighbour of mine spent 15 grand on her bathroom. Unbelievable. But there you go.

Thanks myshirt I just didn’t know how much the labour would be.

Get prices from kitchen suppliers, then pick what you want, then go to credit union. Kitchens vary from as little as 1000 up to 10 times that deoending on what you want

But that won’t include the labour and taking away the old kitchen etc

Got our new kitchen at Woodies 30% off at the moment, with oven, hob, extractor, and small dishwasher, sink and tap, just over six grand, could we have got it cheaper yes, from another supplier.

I tore out the old one so that is 250 for skip have some other rubbish to go as well when the fitters come to do the work they will create some as well, the fitters price is 900 but that could go up depending on what they have to do.

As others said you can go as cheap or as expensive as you want, but do shop around, i thought that it was a good deal with what we got.

Happy hunting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Ikea have a kitchen planner that you can play around with and see some prices without having to go into shops. It's interesting to see what's possible even if you don't go for an Ikea kitchen in the end. Fitting is incredibly expensive (could be +50% onto the price of the units and appliances depending on what you're doing).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

splinter65 wrote: »

It will if you ask for it to be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

One thing about ikea kitchens is they are very deep and don't leave much space behind the cabinets for plumbing. Just take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

20K for a nice kitchen from my research. I've a large enough space though and like my toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

We're in the process of getting a new kitchen.
    Went with Homebase.
    New kitchen with appliances - oven, hob, built in micro, extractor (already had fridge and dishwasher).
    Small L-shaped kitchen with presses and a small island.
    All new switches and sockets.

Homebase provided us with a fitter for:
    -Complete removal of old kitchen, including floor and wall tiles.
    -Skimming and plastering of walls and ceiling.
    -Replace radiator.
    -Re-tile floor and splashback,
    -Fit new kitchen + electrics and build island.
    -Skip and disposal of old appliances.

All in €9,700.

As for the service.
    I'll let you know once they're done. :D

• Advertisement

We're in the process of getting a new kitchen.
    Went with Homebase.
    New kitchen with appliances - oven, hob, built in micro, extractor (already had fridge and dishwasher).
    Small L-shaped kitchen with presses and a small island.
    All new switches and sockets.

Homebase provided us with a fitter for:
    -Complete removal of old kitchen, including floor and wall tiles.
    -Skimming and plastering of walls and ceiling.
    -Replace radiator.
    -Re-tile floor and splashback,
    -Fit new kitchen + electrics and build island.
    -Skip and disposal of old appliances.

All in €9,700.

As for the service.
    I'll let you know once they're done. :D

That’s good value thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

I got a homebase kitchen before, good quality.
    they were charging alot for installation so I got a separate installer to do it.
    worked out cheaper for me at the time.

you can spend what you like on a kitchen, have a look around a few differrnt places as there are plenty of options.
    Then you can get bespoke kitchens made from the likes of Oncraft in Carlow and plenty of others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'd say you'd expect to pay in the region of 10k. I'm looking at replacing mine for an inframe kitchen next year. Keeping the worktop (granite) I'm expecting to pay 10-12k for something bespoke.

Friend looking at getting new kitchen - large house. Exoecting to spend 35-40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

We paid around 6 or 7k in Cash & Carry a few years ago, they were great to deal with and we're still really happy with it! The price will really depend on what you want though, huge differences!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Would sorting your own fitter get the cost down?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

splinter65 wrote: »

Take a few pictures of the current kitchen cabinets etc while there still hanging up and stick it on done deal, some guy drove from Kerry for mine and gave me €500 to take it away.
    You can do a lot of the prep work yourself like taking out the old kitchen and floor, a drill and crow bar will do most of the work.

Think about getting an InSinkerator if you don't like smelly bins in your kitchen you can pick them up on Amazon a lot cheaper than you will from any Irish supplier.

sasta le wrote: »
    Would sorting your own fitter get the cost down?

If he's trying to get the cost down try and get hold of a local carpenter to fit it and have a plumber and electrician there when it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭chooseusername

If he's trying to get the cost down try and get hold of a local carpenter to fit it and have a plumber and electrician there when it's happening.
    A carpenter, electrician AND plumber at the same time, wishful thinking i'd say.

A carpenter, electrician AND plumber at the same time, wishful thinking i'd say.

That's the way I done it had them all booked for the one day, it's the handiest incase adjustments are needed, mighten need the carpenter if the fitter is included in the price but he's probably a carpenter anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

A good carpenter would be your best bet no?

• Advertisement

Yea get a carpenter to measure it up and agree a kinda layout that works, then go to a few places and get them to draw up plans which are usually free/no obligation. Then show them to the carpenter for advice on where to go, it's possible he knows where to get them at trade price.
    There's a trade only place out in the naul/back of airport I think, it's well worth a look if they'll let you in just say the kitchen fitter sent you. They do a lot of top quality German brands for hinges drawers that kind of thing.
    When it comes to cookers etc don't skimp, I knew what brand appliances I wanted and done a lot of shopping around between the UK and Ireland but best quote I got was from Redmond in Gorey he had most of it in stock so could give the best discount, might be worth getting a price off them when you pick your brand
    https://www.redmondelectric.ie/cooking/built-in-ovens.html
    I'm no where near Gorey so not just plugging a local guy, genuinely bet the pants off all other places for the same brand (Siemens).

Advertisement