Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting my contracted hours

Options
  • 26-09-2019 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all

I am working with my company for 6 years now and have a fairly decent 36hr contract with all the night allowance and Sunday premium benefits.
    I have never had any issues with my contract or company but as the site we are working in now are reducing hours until the new year we are facing a reduction in our hours.

I have been getting 48hr a week all year but now that the cuts are getting worse I am down to 24hrs one week and I'm afraid it be a common problem in the next few weeks.

I have asked if there are any free hours to put my name forward that week.

My issue is that if I have a 36hr week contract and I am getting 24hr week. Do they have any obligation in Ireland to pay me the extra 12hrs as I can't find any information for Irish law only the UK.

There is others with a 24hr contract and 39hr contract and they are not reduced hours.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement