Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Problems

Options
  • 26-09-2019 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I have been with Lycamobile a few years and normally their internet is pretty good. However since last Sunday it has been very bad. I phoned them twice on Monday and they sent me on new settings for my phone but this didn't improve things. I rang them a few times today but my call kept getting cut off. It's like as if the signal has decreased.
    I use the hotspot to get internet on my laptop. If I put my phone near the window the signal level goes up full but when I bring the phone near me the signal level disappears. I live in Galway.
    Anyone else having problems with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lighthouse wrote: »
    I have been with Lycamobile a few years and normally their internet is pretty good. However since last Sunday it has been very bad. I phoned them twice on Monday and they sent me on new settings for my phone but this didn't improve things. I rang them a few times today but my call kept getting cut off. It's like as if the signal has decreased.
    I use the hotspot to get internet on my laptop. If I put my phone near the window the signal level goes up full but when I bring the phone near me the signal level disappears. I live in Galway.
    Anyone else having problems with them?

Could be a local mast issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Could be a local mast issue.

That's what I suspected. It seems to be back to normal this morning. Just clocked 10Mbps download speed now so hopefully it will stay this way.

Advertisement