Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannibalism will help stop catastrophic climate chaos.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

jesus christ i really really hate sweden.

what is wrong with these maniacs?????????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Sweden needs a reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,514 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

We shouldn't stop there, we could extend to some live people, thus reducing population AND providing meat at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Sweden needs a reset.

It is just ahead of the curve comrade. This is the greatest idea since flatpack furniture. I'm going down to penny's to see if I can lay my hands on a poloneck jumper so I can embrace the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

People are becoming more and more unhinged. 12 years talk is driving them insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,630 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This is the greatest idea since flatpack furniture.

At first glance, I read that as 'flapjack' furniture, which I'm definitely in favour of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

They should start by having the hungry eat the homeless. That way we solve three problems at once;

- Reduces the population
    - The hungry get fed
    - No more homeless

It makes perfect sense when you think of it.

In a psychotic, deranged kind of way, but that's Sweden for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

I don't think thats a line that'll ever be crossed as a society but if it did do you think the likes of ex athletes would be more expensive due to a better diet ?

SexBobomb wrote: »
    I do you think the likes of ex athletes would be more expensive due to a better diet ?

Nice in a (sustainable) Thai green curry. Dinner party at my gaff if I can catch Sonia O'Sullivan. There would be a fair bit of atein on Paul O Connell but he mightnt be so easy to put in the boot of my leaf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Or we could just not eat meat

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

As cannibal Queen Marie Antoinette might have put it -

"Let them eat Jake"

You won't be saying that after scoops Monk when you are hanging for a kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

You won't be saying that after scoops Monk when you are hanging for a kebab.

Yeah it's the sh*tty meat like kebab meat I miss the most tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Yeah it's the sh*tty meat like kebab meat I miss the most tbh.

Wait till you try some of Jimmy's Glenda Gilson goulash.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Not like it's a new idea to be fair. But I'd agree the Swedes seem to have lost the run of themselves. What happened to that the old adventurous rape, pillage and damn the consequences Viking mindset I wonder? ;)

large_ktPLoaHbfWRsYO0WTLKpHBdjWq0.jpg
    .. Soylent Green isn’t The Road. Marauding hoards of hillbilly cannibals aren’t threatening to strip the meat from your bones. You die peacefully. There is no space for anything in the movie’s version of the future (people are everywhere) and cremation involves burning, which isn’t exactly great for global warming. So what to do with the bodies of humans in a world where there is no room to put them and everyone is starving? What to do indeed…

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2010/12/16/serious-question-would-you-eat-soylent-green/#.XYyHgvThSdN

• Registered Users Posts: 30,724 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I heartily endorse this... Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country, and For making them Beneficial to the Publick Generating Climate Emissions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I heartily endorse this... Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country, and For making them Beneficial to the Publick Generating Climate Emissions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

Forgot about him. I was always a big fan of the Dean ...

Wait till you try some of Jimmy's Glenda Gilson goulash.

Wasn't in the freezer for long, melt in your mouth. Lovely in a spring roll with (sustainable) bamboo shoots and spring onions accompanied with (sustainable) soy sauce, seseme oil and chilli flake dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

not an option, move along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I always hated the taste of swedes.

But maybe I've been eating the wrong variety all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,724 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's ok once you don't eat the brains. That's how prion based diseases like BSE spread and this...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It's ok once you don't eat the brains. That's how prion based diseases like BSE spread and this...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

But brains are sooooo tasty!

(sorry mods, this is AH fodder, isn't it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You could. I think it's damn tasty stuff so... No.

Just listen to the scientists folks.

Of course non-progressive climate enemies aka conservatives are against the idea. Attitudes need to change comrades if we are to fight catastrophic climate chaos . We can't let old fashioned ideas about not eating people stand in the way of climate justice. I for one have been inspired to write a book " 500 ways to cook Grandad using carbon neutral methods".

Apropos to Soylent Green - some one already bet you to it .... ;)

3bm3qj.jpg

Only if it stops being so inconveniently tasty and nutritious :)

Quid Pro Quo and all that.

Actually I do wonder if companies like Memphis Meats ever do succeed in creating marketable lab grown meat - would the ethics of eating human shift? Whatever the issues with eating actual human - ethical or medical - how many of them would apply to lab grown steak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Doesn't eating human flesh after a time cause illness and brain deterioration? Keep it to once a week for safety ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

At first glance, I read that as 'flapjack' furniture, which I'm definitely in favour of.

Part of me loves that, but then the other part of me remembers that I'm 90 kilos.

Most Swedes are actually quite sane indeed. But they are too quiet and uninvolved by nature. So nutters do the proposing and decision making. We might end up that way ourselves.

topper75 wrote: »
    Part of me loves that, but then the other part of me remembers that I'm 90 kilos.

Most Swedes are actually quite sane indeed. But they are too quiet and uninvolved by nature. So nutters do the proposing and decision making. We might end up that way ourselves.

I don't think Swedish deference to authority and rigit social convention is entirely a product of their national character. Up until the 70s there are was widespread practice of eugenics in Sweden, neighbours could report people who "didn't fit in" and a consequence whoever the target was could get sterlised against their will. A culture of fear and 'say nothing, just agree' was quite deliberately built into Swedish society. So damaged is their national psyche they stand 10 feet away from each other at bus stops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I don't think thats a line that'll ever be crossed as a society but if it did do you think the likes of ex athletes would be more expensive due to a better diet ?
    I expect they might be a bit tough and sinewy, with little marbling for flavour, texture and tenderness.

Advertisement