If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for 43" TV, Please

Options
  • 26-09-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi Richer sounds, 
                Am thinking of upgrading my ever reliable Mitsubishi Black diamond Tv and making a trip to Belfast to purchase from you at the weekend..
    So I am looking for a TV (max 43") and want a good mid range one but without going over the top.
    My basic requirements would be :reception for Saorview and Satellite; View Cctv footage; and Watch Youtue videos and some Netflix films from a Hotspot from my mobile (I have strong signal).
    Would prefer a Tv with the simplest setup and least amount of pop up/ error memory messages etc.
    Was looking at [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samsung UE43RU7400[/font]
    What would be the advantage of going the extra money for the [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony BRAVIA KD43XG8196BU[/font]

Finally what would be the advantage of the Android feature on the Sony?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

howsshenow wrote: »
    Hi Richer sounds, 
                Am thinking of upgrading my ever reliable Mitsubishi Black diamond Tv and making a trip to Belfast to purchase from you at the weekend..
    So I am looking for a TV (max 43") and want a good mid range one but without going over the top.
    My basic requirements would be :reception for Saorview and Satellite; View Cctv footage; and Watch Youtue videos and some Netflix films from a Hotspot from my mobile (I have strong signal).
    Would prefer a Tv with the simplest setup and least amount of pop up/ error memory messages etc.
    Was looking at [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samsung UE43RU7400[/font]
    What would be the advantage of going the extra money for the [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony BRAVIA KD43XG8196BU[/font]

Finally what would be the advantage of the Android feature on the Sony?

Thanks.
    Hi Thanks for the post.

What way does your CCTV connect into your Tv as neither of these as with most modern Tv have a scart socket

Both these TV have netlix and youtube apps.  You can connect the TV wirelessly to your router or if you mobile phone can be used as a wireless hotspot to it (just make sure you have unlimited data)

One of the main differences between the two Tv's is the fact that the Sony has the android operating system which allows access to the google play store, so you would have a bigger range of apps than you would on the Samsung

You also have an extra usb (3) and hdmi (4) port on the Sony

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭howsshenow

Thanks Stephen, just been reading up and it seems smart TV's aren't so smart so wouldn't be going for the Android version.
    I don't have the CCTV yet so I'll look into it.
    Can you confirm that you have the Samsung mentioned above in stock in Belfast if I was to drop by tomorrow and purchase?
    Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks Stephen, just been reading up and it seems smart TV's aren't so smart so wouldn't be going for the Android version.
    I don't have the CCTV yet so I'll look into it.
    Can you confirm that you have the Samsung mentioned above in stock in Belfast if I was to drop by tomorrow and purchase?
    Thanks.
    Hi howsshenow,

I do have one available to collect here in store.

If you PM me with your contact details I can hold one aside for you for collection.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭howsshenow

Thanks David. 
    I collected the Tv on Friday and met with Jordan. Happy with purchase and service. 
    I am looking at the offer with Samsung Tv's for 50% cashback on selected Samsung Soundbars. I am wondering if I as a resident of the Republic were to purchase the Samsung HW-Q60R soundbar would I qualify for this offer?... I do have a UK bank account. 
    Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks David. 
    I collected the Tv on Friday and met with Jordan. Happy with purchase and service. 
    I am looking at the offer with Samsung Tv's for 50% cashback on selected Samsung Soundbars. I am wondering if I as a resident of the Republic were to purchase the Samsung HW-Q60R soundbar would I qualify for this offer?... I do have a UK bank account. 
    Thanks again.
    Hey Howsshenow.

Glad you got sorted with the television.
    Jordan is our newest member with just 1 weeks service so its really good to hear he is fitting into our Richersounds team here in Belfast.
    (He has worked in the industry for several years)

The following is taken from the T&C's of the deal:
    Eligibility 3. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a Great Britain, Channel Islands or Isle of Man resident aged 18+ with a valid bank account (“Participant”)

Offer 6. Participants of Great Britain, Channel Islands or Isle of Man who purchase a Promotion Television (either as part of the Cashback Promotion or separately) within the Purchase Period and from a Participating Retailer and go on to make a valid Claim 

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.