Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware completesavings / debenham

Options
  • 26-09-2019 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Got stung by conpletesaving sneaky small text and accidentally signed up to its membership after making purchase from debenham online. 15 euros !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭some1gr8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I got stung with this(or similar) when using Irish rail, a few years ago.

I thought I was just getting a voucher off my next train ticket purchase.

The first I knew was when I saw my credit card bill.

I phoned visa, and they cancelled the transaction, not much fuss on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Puts one right off signing up to anything any more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Think these come in on Ticketmaster purchases too offering you money off next purchase but I thought it was quite obvious it was a subscription service? Doesn't it state it on the page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The collateral reputational damage (to the original retailer) would make you wonder why anyone would have those con artists on their websites ready to catch unsuspecting punters who have just made a purchase.

Of course I exclude Ticketmaster because their repuation can't sink much further.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

coylemj wrote: »
    The collateral reputational damage (to the original retailer) would make you wonder why anyone would have those con artists on their websites ready to catch unsuspecting punters who have just made a purchase.

Of course I exclude Ticketmaster because their repuation can't sink much further.

Irish Rail are broke
    Debanhams are broke

You'll notice a similarity there...

Advertisement