Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is gdprice.co.uk a reputable website?

Options
  • 26-09-2019 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a camera (Canon 6D MKII) and the website gdprice.co.uk are selling it around €300 cheaper than anywhere else.

From looking at reviews of the website it seems they have a UK website but are based in China and ship their items from China. They also seem to have little to no customer service. I'm trying to decide if the 300 euro savings is worth the risk of buying from them.

Has anyone purchased anything from this website before? If you did what was your experience with them?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

None of the usual obvious problems are coming up. Domain isn't reused, cert is real, About Us isn't a copy/past from elsewhere etc.

There's a London landline number, call it and see who answers?

You will likely get an Asian model and be unable to get warranty support from Canon Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SullieN

L1011 wrote: »
    None of the usual obvious problems are coming up. Domain isn't reused, cert is real, About Us isn't a copy/past from elsewhere etc.

There's a London landline number, call it and see who answers?

You will likely get an Asian model and be unable to get warranty support from Canon Ireland.

Thanks for the quick reply L1011!

I didn't think about calling them. I'm gonna give them a call and ask a few questions about shipping and if it's an asian model ect. and make my mind up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Probably Vat and duty on delivery

Zero come back on warranty

Terms and conditions say you agree that the purchase is under laws of Hong Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yeh seconds reading the about them page and I can tell you right now I wouldn't be committing any big spends there.

Bad English is never a good sign. BC a cheap website never good. But.... Is your money..

Advertisement