Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager smoking - what to do - has own money from job

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

machaseh wrote: »
    In such a scenario I would simply not go to school. My parents would then be in violation of their duty to have their underage kids in school and law enforcement would step in.

What did they expect you to do, walk 6 miles along a very dangerous road?

They expected me to pay the bus fare out of the money I earned in my part-time job. Or walk, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

They expected me to pay the bus fare out of the money I earned in my part-time job. Or walk, yes.

Then I'd quit my part time job.

I mean if there is adequate biking infrastructure I too as a parent would expect my kids to bike to school, but if it's a 100 km/h national road with no proper bike path then that's simply not an option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

60 a day? How does anyone even have time for that?

Chain smoking for about six hours in the evening. Never wanted one in the morning oddly enough. Am fully aware if I had one now, I would have 20 bought this evening and be back up to that level by the weekend. Can't touch even one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Growing up, I had a friend who started smoking and who's parents found out.

They grounded him for weeks and when he was eventually allowed back out, they would smell his fingers

I hope he didnt have a girlfriend at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

spurious wrote: »
    Chain smoking for about six hours in the evening. Never wanted one in the morning oddly enough. Am fully aware if I had one now, I would have 20 bought this evening and be back up to that level by the weekend. Can't touch even one.

Fair play. For a few years I was a social smoker (as in have 2 or 3 across a night out) and on holidays my partner and I would go through a pack a day between us, and I thought that was pretty heavy. Well over a year since I even had a pull off someone else's now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement