Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit Card (Point-Of-Sale Limit in the UK)

Options
  • 26-09-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Is there a daily/or single transaction limit when using my Bank Of Ireland Visa Debit Card in the UK to make a single purchase to the value for eg: £10-£15k Sterling. 
    I know that in Ireland, there is a €25k daily limit when using the Visa Debit for Point of Sale purchases.
    Just need to know is this limit is the same for POS purchases outside Ireland/EU.

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

vtecdec wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a daily/or single transaction limit when using my Bank Of Ireland Visa Debit Card in the UK to make a single purchase to the value for eg: £10-£15k Sterling. 
    I know that in Ireland, there is a €25k daily limit when using the Visa Debit for Point of Sale purchases.
    Just need to know is this limit is the same for POS purchases outside Ireland/EU.

Thanks. 
    Hi There vtecdec, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

So long as the funds are cleared and available the transaction should be successful. 

If there is an issue with the funds processing, the retailer can call for authorisation, the details for this are on the back of the card terminal. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vtecdec

Hi,

Thanks. 
    Hi There vtecdec, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

So long as the funds are cleared and available the transaction should be successful. 

If there is an issue with the funds processing, the retailer can call for authorisation, the details for this are on the back of the card terminal. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling.
    Hi Aisling,

Thanks for coming back to me.
    My question was more related to the actual Daily Limit when using the BOI Visa Debit card in the UK. I have Visa Debit card with another bank and the limit (when using in the Uk) is €7100 per day, and the max limit per transaction is €5000. So, I'm wondering do BOI have similar limits when using the Debit card to purchase high cost goods in the UK.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Aisling,

My question was more related to the actual Daily Limit when using the BOI Visa Debit card in the UK. I have Visa Debit card with another bank and the limit (when using in the Uk) is €7100 per day, and the max limit per transaction is €5000. So, I'm wondering do BOI have similar limits when using the Debit card to purchase high cost goods in the UK.

Thanks.

Hi vtecdec,

thanks for coming back to us here on boards.

Please be assured there is no limit to what you can spend on your card per transaction once the funds are cleared and available in the account whether this be in ROI or the UK. However we would always recommend that you check with the retailer what the maximum is that a transaction can be processed for on the merchant machine.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vtecdec

Hi Aisling,

Thanks.

Hi vtecdec,

thanks for coming back to us here on boards.

Please be assured there is no limit to what you can spend on your card per transaction once the funds are cleared and available in the account whether this be in ROI or the UK. However we would always recommend that you check with the retailer what the maximum is that a transaction can be processed for on the merchant machine.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen
    Thanks Jen.

Advertisement