Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler recomendation for 3700X

Options
  • 26-09-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I'm currently using the stock cooler that came with the 3700x and it's quite loud, so am looking for something quieter, does anyone have any recommendations?

My case is a NXT H500, I currently only have the stock fans.

Would be happy to consider an AIO or Air cooler. Quietness would probably be a higher priority than performance, but a balance would be nice!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hey All,

I'm currently using the stock cooler that came with the 3700x and it's quite loud, so am looking for something quieter, does anyone have any recommendations?

My case is a NXT H500, I currently only have the stock fans.

Would be happy to consider an AIO or Air cooler. Quietness would probably be a higher priority than performance, but a balance would be nice!

Thanks in advance

A nice Noctua?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (Purchased For £0.00)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 51.4 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£39.78 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For £0.00)
    Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140 mm Fan (£9.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140 mm Fan (£9.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £59.74
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-26 16:05 BST+0100

Cheapest noise-focused tower cooler I could find.
    I'd also replace the stock fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I'm using the Be Quiet dark rock pro 4 with my 3700x overclocked to 4.35GHz and find it great nice and quiet and very cool idles at 32 and gets up to 67ish under stress test (Been stress testing it for about 5 Minutes now and its holding 66-67 degrees nicely)

I like it so much I've been considering replacing the Corsair AIO on my I9 9900k with one

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is amazingly quiet on my 9900k. According to some reviews it's better than the Noctua NH-D15 and quieter as well.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7986/thermalright-le-grand-macho-rt-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

peterk19 wrote: »
    I'm using the Be Quiet dark rock pro 4 with my 3700x overclocked to 4.35GHz and find it great nice and quiet and very cool idles at 32 and gets up to 67ish under stress test (Been stress testing it for about 5 Minutes now and its holding 66-67 degrees nicely)

I like it so much I've been considering replacing the Corsair AIO on my I9 9900k with one

Yeah I actually have been looking at this one, I think I'll probably get this once I move a few funds around the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Yeah I actually have been looking at this one, I think I'll probably get this once I move a few funds around the place!

Just check the height size of the RAM you are using as its a big lump of a heat sink and I don't think it would fit with taller RAM like Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro's I have Crucial Ballistix Sport LT on my build

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Another advantage for Grand Macho RT: it has an asymmetric base so it doesn't overhang the RAM slots. No RAM slots are blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The stock cooler is fine if you modify it with a switch. Mine was ramping up and down a small bit every so often so I tapped into a 5v and a 12v supply. 5v just general PC stuff like browsing and what not and switch to 12v for more intensive stuff.

Advertisement