Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

report a post?

Options
  • 26-09-2019 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

A moderator has unjustly chastised me for highlighting that someone had illegally posted a link to copyrighted material in a thread, claiming that I should instead have reported the post. I replied that I cannot find any option to report a post.

He has unhelpfully told me that I have reported a post in the past. This may or may not be true - I don't recall it. The fact remains that I cannot find the option to do it, and he has refused to answer me how this is done - instead castigating me for asking an off-topic question.

Whilst this moderator's (Stoner) actions are despicable, I am simply here to enquire as to how a post can be reported (if indeed such a feature even exists anymore).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

As a fact check, you did indeed report one post 2 years, 8 months ago. That's the only one I can find.

What boards platform are you using? PC (old version / responsive) / mobile (m.boards / touch ) etc.

Are you using adblockers?

I suspect this maybe a technical issue.

Could you perhaps take a screenshot of this thread and post it for reference?

I, and many hundreds per day, have no problem reporting posts. If you can't then let's figure out why. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I have just noticed an exclamation mark in what looks like a road sign under your name on the LHS. It appears that this is the function.

I was looking next to the quote; thank etc. buttons. I will say, though, that in my opinion this feature is actually quite hidden and not easy to find. Why isn't it with the big buttons for quoting; multiquoting; thanking etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's there because that's where the designers of vBulletin, a widely used platform which is what the site mostly runs on, decided to put it there. I don't know what caused them to pick that specific location.

For the benefit of anyone else that may happen on this thread, the report button looks like this: report.gif and is under the username of the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

On the Touch site, it is the flag icon at the bottom right of the post.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement