Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't we recycle plastic wrapping? (You can now)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 In Actuality

So since this thread was started, we can now recycle (non rigid) plastic wrapping. I'm so used to tearing off the wrapping from the tray and putting it in the regular bin. Are we to separate them or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

I seperate everything Paper off the dogfoodtins Wrapping off the bottles Plastic ball out of the beer can and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 36,132 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's now a commodity, all plastics mentioned are shredded and burn in Cement Kilns . ... which is recycling ''the action or process of converting waste into reusable material.''

No need to separate, it's a brutal process, not one with finesse , metal tins, newspaper, cardboard, plastic drinks bottles PET, harder plastics HDPE all the valuables go round and round are are truly recycled, the rest is shredded and recycled into fuel, as in burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AlexDoll

I avoid plastic packaging altogether

I prefer glass and paper

Advertisement