Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The real world is not a bad place

Options
  • 26-09-2019 11:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

If you only interact online with people and not in the real world you will think the world is a terrible place , its not
    I see you put a lot of faith in Twitter sources around here, and thats you problem.
    In USA Twitter has 20million who tweet on a regular basis, and 10% of these are responsible for 90% of tweets.
    These 10% (2million) who tweet the most are a grand total of 0.61% of the 327million population of the USA.
    If we uses theses percentages for Ireland it is a grand total of 40,955 who are responsible for 90% of the tweets for the entire island of Ireland population of 6.655million.

The best estimates for the percentage of population who have paranoid delusional disorder is between .04-.07% of people, that some coincidence, the same number as those who drive twitter.

You say you like facts around here?
    If you rely of Twitter for your news, it is no wonder the progressive left is loosing the plot.
    According to Twitter Racists are everywhere!
    According to Twitter Fascists are goose stepping down the main street of every town in the country!
    According to Twitter Women are treated as second class citizens!
    According to Twitter Homosexuals are at least 30% of the population!
    According to Twitter Transexuals are at least 10% of the population!
    The list goes on and on, twitter is a echo chamber, not only do you follow people you like/agree with, but you block those who you don’t.
    My advice for you posters blinded by Twitter Derangement Syndrome is stay off Twitter for a month, interact with people in the real world and see that the Twitter world view is being led by 0.61% of the population, most likely the crazy ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sorry, could you retype that to fit in 140 characters and include a coupe of hashtags to summarise it, please.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Is this what schizophrenia looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I think Twitter, above all other social media outlets, is a huge part of the hysteria/outrage culture...it is the angry mob full of useful idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Sorry, didn't you post that drivel already in the Trump thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

UB52 - is that not a German U-Boat from the First World War?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 ub52

I think Twitter, above all other social media outlets, is a huge part of the hysteria/outrage culture...it is the angry mob full of useful idiots!

Friend recently ended a 8 year relationship, his girlfriend went deep into the hysteria/outrage culture, total personality change, sad to see.
    She became impossible to have a conversation with, no matter what the topic, be it a song, movie or piece of food, she would get on a high horse and spout PC bollox.
    Her now ex-boyfriend is convinced the seed to her unhinging was 3 years ago when she got into twitter, constantly reading about perceived injustices.

UB52 - is that not a German U-Boat from the First World War?

It could be, you will have to check that out, but nothing to do with my choice of name

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What's twitter? :confused:

Some american version of boards.ie??

ub52 wrote: »
    It could be, you will have to check that out, but nothing to do with my choice of name

Ah it's related to the number of times you have rereged, got ya.

Important to remember twitter is constantly uses as a source of information
    twitter polls are uses all the time, remember how Hilary was going to get 90% of the vote? How did that turn out?
    Brexit would never happen, the leavers are only a tiny percentage in twitter polls, how did that turn out?

40,955 people are responsible for 90% of the tweets for the entire island of Ireland's population of 6.655million.
    0.61% of the population are the driving force behind the Twitter world, Paranoid delusional disorder is between .04-.07% of population.
    It make a lot of sense the growth of the hysteria/outrage culture when you know the stats.
    Twitter is enabling these people to promote there delusions.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Ah it's related to the number of times you have rereged, got ya.

Critique the message not the messenger
    Play the ball not the man
    Is this your admittance that you can't fault the logic of the post?

Critique the message not the messenger
    Play the ball not the man
    Is this your admittance that you can't fault the logic of the post?

There would have to be logic there in the first place to fault it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

0.61% of the population are the driving force behind the Twitter world

Which is why most sane people ignore it. :)

To me it's like a hen farm all cackling at each other, and there's me, the supermarket owner looking at them wondering how much the plastic wrap is going to cost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The real world is a rancid place if you are an abnormal person, people who preach about how nice people are have never experienced the other side of humans, if you are an Autist or have mental illnesses then you will soon see what society is like, inferior men are 3rd class citizens, you just have to look at the suicide rates here in Ulster, i was reading the spreadsheet, something like 200 male suicides a year compared to 50 odd women suicides, the worst of it is people actually think it's just because men don't talk about their problems.

Advertisement