Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire transfer with BOI

Options
  • 27-09-2019 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My solicitor sent a wire transfer on Tuesday, its Friday now and no sign of my payment. How long does a wire transfer normally take??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

As Wire Transfer is an American term I assume you are talking about an international transfer using the SWIFT system to Ireland.  This 'should' take 1-5  working days.  If a European SEPA transfer you should have by the next working day.  In both cases, if sent after their banks 'cut off time' add a day.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellencruise

Tow wrote: »
    As Wire Transfer is an American term I assume you are talking about an international transfer using the SWIFT system to Ireland.  This 'should' take 1-5  working days.  If a European SEPA transfer you should have by the next working day.  In both cases, if sent after their banks 'cut off time' add a day.

No its an irish account to an irish account in astonished that its not concluded..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

For a domestic transfer then 95% your solicitor has not sent the money.  4.5% they sent it to the wrong account.  0.5% another issue.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

My solicitor sent a wire transfer on Tuesday, its Friday now and no sign of my payment. How long does a wire transfer normally take??
    Hi ellencruise, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards. 

The information above is correct. If it was a SEPA transfer from one Irish account to anther, and the payment was made before 3:30pm then the payment should be received the following working day. 

In this instance, it would be necessary to link in with your solicitor, as their banks time frames may differ. 

Please be assured, as soon as we receive the funds they will be applied to your account. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellencruise

Hi ellencruise, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards. 

The information above is correct. If it was a SEPA transfer from one Irish account to anther, and the payment was made before 3:30pm then the payment should be received the following working day. 

In this instance, it would be necessary to link in with your solicitor, as their banks time frames may differ. 

Please be assured, as soon as we receive the funds they will be applied to your account. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

I have linked in.there and they are checking with their accounts department as it should have been in weds. Thanks for your reply

• Advertisement
Advertisement