Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a HKC Bell box

Options
  • 27-09-2019 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

How difficult is it to replace a HKC external bell box.

I had the whole system upgraded to a hybrid HKC, the external bell box was supposed to be replaced as part of the job. Installer told me he'd come back and do it... but that never happened and wont anytime soon by my reckoning. I'm fairly well able in regards to DIY/electrics etc.

Is it feasible to think I will be able to change it myself? Is it a straight forward case of disconnecting and reconnecting?

The existing box is very worn and LED's are no longer visible on it anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes . the connections should match up pretty much like for like. What bell are you going to replace it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Wear a pair of earmuffs!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wear a pair of earmuffs!
    Or just disconnect the speaker.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

KoolKid wrote: »
    Wear a pair of earmuffs!
    Or just disconnect the speaker.:D

That's deliberately designed to be difficult or it would be easy for burglars to do!

You do it from up at the bell box. Easy if you know how.
    Not going to post how here though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Thanks for the advice!
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes . the connections should match up pretty much like for like. What bell are you going to replace it with?

Just want to change it like for like. Its been there about 15 years and you can no longer see the LEDs as the box is worn and has had a lot of sun.

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/uk/product/external-siren/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Need some help please!

Hello Koolkid,

I can't afford to continue paying annual maintenance costs for my alarm. I'm looking to see how I can replace the 12 CR123 batteries in the external bell box. Is it simply a question of opening up the front panel, and swapping out the batteries? Or are there other things to consider? I didn't get a manual after the system was installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Need some help please!

HKC Quantum 70 Alarm
    Hello Koolkid,

I can't afford to continue paying annual maintenance costs for my alarm. I'm looking to see how I can replace the 12 CR123 batteries in the external bell box. Is it simply a question of opening up the front panel, and swapping out the batteries? Or are there other things to consider? I didn't get a manual after the system was installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC Quantum 70 Alarm
    Hello Koolkid,

Yes it should be as once the fault of the RF low battery is cleared it should do the same on the panel.

Advertisement