Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Service Panels - Order of Merit

• 27-09-2019 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know much about the Order of Merit for Public Service campaigns.

I applied for a role in June, interviewed early September, and yesterday I was emailed to say I was ranked #8 on the Overall Order of Merit.

Further to that I was ranked #7 for Dublin, #6 for Waterford, and #7 Roscommon (despite indicating Dublin as the only location I would be willing to work).

This wouldn't have been a large campaign (similar to Clerical Officer campaign), but I would imagine 50-100 people may have been interviewed, although that is a guesstimate

1. Does anyone know why I was given a ranking for locations other than Dublin
    2. How long does the panel last generally before expiring?
    3. Is there anywhere I can find out more information about specific campaigns and their Order of Merit?
    4. Although my ranking is not a guarantee of a job offer, in general do high rankings get a job offer within a few months or could I be waiting years before hearing anything?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Panels last 2 years from inception.

As for the rest I'd ring PAS as it looks like an oversight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Panels last 2 years from inception.

As for the rest I'd ring PAS as it looks like an oversight.

Some panels from open comps are only for a one year duration, best for OP to check that too while they’re at it.

Advertisement