Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose wires outside front door

Options
  • 27-09-2019 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    The sale of my house has been halted by the buyer's surveyor spotting some loose/badly connected wires outside the front door of my house. These wires run the length of the terraced street and service each house but the issue only exists above my front door.

Essentially, so long as it doesn't cost too much, I just want it fixed. Their guy said the esb should come out and look at it for me since it's outside the house. I'm worried it might take too long.

Would anyone have any recommendations on what to do next, considering I can't really wait around too long. Are the esb quick at coming out to houses? Could I just get an electrician to come tidy it up?

Edit: asking from Dublin city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

CPTM wrote: »
    Hi all,
    The sale of my house has been halted by the buyer's surveyor spotting some loose/badly connected wires outside the front door of my house. These wires run the length of the terraced street and service each house but the issue only exists above my front door.

Essentially, so long as it doesn't cost too much, I just want it fixed. Their guy said the esb should come out and look at it for me since it's outside the house. I'm worried it might take too long.

Would anyone have any recommendations on what to do next, considering I can't really wait around too long. Are the esb quick at coming out to houses? Could I just get an electrician to come tidy it up?

Edit: asking from Dublin city

Esbn are generally quick to resolve these issues. Contact them with your mprn number (on your electricity bill) and explain your safety issues with loose wiring.
    It should only be done by esbn if it’s their service that’s the issue

doubt these are ESB wires.
    More likely phone,TV,fiber but I'd bet its virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭CPTM

doubt these are ESB wires.
    More likely phone,TV,fiber but I'd bet its virgin

I'll upload a pic of them when I'm home later in case anyone has any ideas. He had an electrician with him during the survey and it was on his advice but he might not be sure himself.

Advertisement