Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior Light Help

Options
  • 27-09-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to replace some exterior floodlights which have failed - one has a failed bracket and the other has a failed PIR which turns on the light during stormy weather.
    These are your standard halogen PIR floodlights with the flimsy bracket which are mounted to the fascia.

I'm planning to mount new lights onto the wall - these lights will be mounted by their body - with no brackts to cause problems.

The item I have identied is: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timeguard-LED100PIRBE-Single-Compact-Floodlight/dp/B07MTG6P8Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=timeguard+LED100PIRB+10W&qid=1569594735&sr=8-2-fkmr0

9_252F1_252Ff_252F3_252F91f32476e412682c789d96d8e148b0ab783555e8_LED100PIRBE_ad82e618-9759-4c4b-8e38-13fd545c060b_large.png?v=1565886894

Are there any better suggestions for LED lighting with body fixings?

Also, does anyone here use Wago connectors (221) and if so do they just use a standard IP55 box or do the splash out on the DIN style Wago ABox?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

You won’t go wrong with a Steinel. Best quality outdoor light you can get.

Steinel XLED Home 2 Sensor Spotlight, Black, Integrated, 14.8 W, 4000 k https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MD185M1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wNJJDbZFVYS67

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

Go with something with a bracket. Last thing you want is water getting in through the fixing holes. If it's under fasica a obo box will do you and wago connectors are great if you are replacing a hole load of fittings if it's just 2 fittings go with connectors and maybe some putty if you are unsure of water getting g in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes, an obo box is the initial option I was going for.
    In terms of water ingress I believe that there are push caps for the fixings to alleviate the risk. Although I could also putty/sealant over the screw heads additionally for protection.

That Steinel does indeed look to be the business, although the price point is a bit loud for the relative. Although one location would be suitable for that bigger light. Any other recommendations in this physical size range?

Advertisement