Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs upgrade / buying query

Options
  • 27-09-2019 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am considering upgrading my irons at present, and I see McGuirks and Halfpenny have some sales on and scrappage deals.

Just wondering if people think this is a good time of year to look at buying, or would it be better waiting until the New Year for any more sales.

I'm not in any major rush, just looking to upgrade my basic set to something a bit better, while not spending a fortune! I don't mind getting a set that the model is a year or two "old".

Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

mk7775 wrote: »
    I am considering upgrading my irons at present, and I see McGuirks and Halfpenny have some sales on and scrappage deals.

Just wondering if people think this is a good time of year to look at buying, or would it be better waiting until the New Year for any more sales.

I'm not in any major rush, just looking to upgrade my basic set to something a bit better, while not spending a fortune! I don't mind getting a set that the model is a year or two "old".

Any feedback appreciated!

Well a number of the brands have recently launched their new lines of clubs, so you may well find some bargains from the prior line ups, which should still be great clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Neworld17

I think this is a good time to purchase new clubs as it gives you a chance to bed them in during the off season ready for when things get going again in the spring. Go and get a few fittings and see what is available. Note the type of club and shaft spec you like and the spec recommended ie shaft length and lie. If they are standard you may even be able to get a slightly used set for very little cost from Adverts.ie, Golfbidder.co.uk and others but be careful of freight/duty costs if going further afield.

Advertisement