Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent transactions

• 27-09-2019 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Money was taken from my Bank of Ireland account to pay AA INSURANCE which I never had coz I sold my car last June and I’m out of the country since July. Emailed security section and gave me a number to call.Been ringing security number but to no avail and costing me money for international call. I just want to close my account but there’s too much hassle to get it done. It’s hard when I’m out of the country.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Okay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Nikz19 wrote: »
    Money was taken from my Bank of Ireland account to pay AA INSURANCE which I never had coz I sold my car last June and I’m out of the country since July. Emailed security section and gave me a number to call.Been ringing security number but to no avail and costing me money for international call. I just want to close my account but there’s too much hassle to get it done. It’s hard when I’m out of the country.

If it’s a current account you have, you can close it online

https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Nikz19 wrote: »
    Money was taken from my Bank of Ireland account to pay AA INSURANCE which I never had coz I sold my car.

Did you cancel the insurance and the direct debit? If not then there was no fraudulent transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah, leaving the country doesn't auto cancel any direct debits you may have.

Advertisement