Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked iPhone no service

Options
  • 27-09-2019 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I unlocked a vodafone iphone6 through vodafone. They emailed saying it was unlocked i popped the new sim (three uk) in and it worked. Then i turned phone off and it wouldn't work, tried resetting via i tunes, turning on and off multiple times etc. A few days later it randomly started working. Once turned off and on it didn't, so tried factory reset etc. I've tried two other sims also and same thing.
    When i go to settings and Cellular, it's reading all the data from the sims here it knows the network name and has all the data settings correct and carrier services, so seems like it's reading the sim. So it's quite confusing. I've emailed vodafone to ask to check if it all went to plan, as i got two emails saying it was unlocked, so maybe they've messed something up, just odd that it's worked twice and i'm not getting a message saying "Sim not supported" no error at all just no service. I rang apple and they'd nothing more to add, not worth getting it fixed if a hardware issue as an old phone, selling it on ebay at minute so thought i'd ask here before i remove listing and sell as faulty!
    Any ideas?

Advertisement