Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this expensive? Wiper blade 21 Euro

• 27-09-2019 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

Getting wiper blades in Halfords
    FW28. One blade for €21.60. Is that mad?

I need oil, wiper blades, side lamps, Reg plate lamps, coolant, air filter, and a battery.

Where’s good quality and good price please. Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mr auto.ie/ Mick's garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Go to a local motor factors and they will fit it for you if you ask and not charge through the nose like halfords do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

karlitob wrote: »

I need oil, wiper blades, side lamps, Reg plate lamps, coolant, air filter, and a battery.

Where’s good quality and good price please. Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
    Are those platinum plated or something?
    https://www.bullionbypost.ie/platinum-price/week/grams/EUR/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Aldi have wiper blades at the moment. About 6 quid.

• Company Representative Posts: 18 Verified rep MicksGarage.com

Hi, we just came across your query there, €21.60 seems a bit steep, I suppose it depends on the make and model of car you have. You can price check wiper blades here to see if we are better priced.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

A 6e Aldi wiper will more than likely be a hook type wiper and would last about 6 months in this country.....

21e for a rear(model specific) areoblade wiper (if that is what it is) would be about right.

Context is key here......

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭pummice

Bought one for car rear window last week in my local motor factors for €8. Fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

khaldrogo wrote: »
    A 6e Aldi wiper will more than likely be a hook type wiper and would last about 6 months in this country.....

21e for a rear(model specific) areoblade wiper (if that is what it is) would be about right.

Context is key here......

Dont be putting Aeroblade wipers on the rear widow of a car, FFS, half the people dont look out the back window when driving anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Czhornet wrote: »
    Dont be putting Aeroblade wipers on the rear widow of a car, FFS, half the people dont look out the back window when driving anyway!

Seriously dangerous to put an aeroblade on the rear of a car. They mess up airflow and the car is highly likely to spin out of control at motorway speeds like the mark 1 TT used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Czhornet wrote: »

If your car is, say a 2008 vw golf, the rear wiper is model specific and only comes as an aeroblade, FFS.......

Obviously on something with a normal hook arm you wouldn't put an aeroblade on it, FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do FFS make aeroblades now?

FFS FTW

Not your ornery onager

I was buying wiper blades for a golf in halfrouds once,
    They were 45e ffs,
    I said to the lad there "45 for wiper blades? Are ya mad" and he replied "in fairness there's a lot of rubber in them ones".
    Needless to say I took my business elsewhere!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

Pottered into halfords the other day as i had 10 minutes to kill him while the missus was shopping. I was in awe of the prices they can get away with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

I was buying wiper blades for a golf in halfrouds once,
    They were 45e ffs,
    I said to the lad there "45 for wiper blades? Are ya mad" and he replied "in fairness there's a lot of rubber in them ones".
    Needless to say I took my business elsewhere!!

Think about the money you would be saving with the group scheme discount though

I went into Remfac in Navan yesterday , set of blades fitted for €20, really good personal service . He also advised on scum/smearing on window which wasn’t helping vision especially at night. I got a product to add to water reservoir for another €4. Sorted. I never feel I’m being ripped off in local motor factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

enricoh wrote: »
    Pottered into halfords the other day as i had 10 minutes to kill him while the missus was shopping. I was in awe of the prices they can get away with!
    I know people have a gripe about Halfords prices but seriously?
    (also FFS)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I would pay that for Bosch aero blades for my car. I think I paid €38 for the twin pack around 18 months ago. Theyre still in perfect condition and hopefully will do through the winter. I'd have no hesitation is spending the same again when theyre done as theyre really worth it. I have tried cheaper blades from aldi/lidl and car shops before but they last no time before theyre leaving streaks and/or squeaking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Try the Dealers yes i said it! Actually worked out cheaper for Aero blades for my VW than the Bosch or Veleo equivalents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I would pay that for Bosch aero blades for my car. I think I paid €38 for the twin pack around 18 months ago. Theyre still in perfect condition and hopefully will do through the winter. I'd have no hesitation is spending the same again when theyre done as theyre really worth it. I have tried cheaper blades from aldi/lidl and car shops before but they last no time before theyre leaving streaks and/or squeaking.

paid plenty for bosch aero blades 35 euro for front and back blades

Advertisement