Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted

Options
  • 28-09-2019 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I've received an infraction from Beasty that I'd like to appeal.
    I've communicated with him with him via pm and he's standing his ground.
    What is the next step in the process?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can deal with this one. Can you provide the pm exchange you had with the mod? Either paste here or pm me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks for the pms

Just to clarify

The thread ran as such

Post from another poster - And there was me wondering why the media didn't put out a single description of the attackers, lol.

response from another poster - Listen bigot, these doctors and engineers will be paying your pension. Take your enrichment and shut up.

Your response - Hahahahaha doctors and engineers indeed...
    Best of luck to you when they start living next door to you and enriching your locality

Your argument is that you were not inferring race here.

You then claimed that the use of the word 'they' had nothing to do with race but meant Doctors and Engineers. Therefore I can rewrite your post as

Your response - Hahahahaha doctors and engineers indeed...
    Best of luck to you when doctors and engineers start living next door to you and enriching your locality

Can you then explain to me

Question 1 - re Doctors and Engineers? What did you find funny here?
    Question 2 - what was your point in your post and how does it fit into the thread of posts and responses above? It doesn't really make any sense given your assertions by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Ive been in college and shared houses with doctors and engineers and the idea that just because someone has a degree doesn't make them nicer to live with in my experience, that was the premise for my comment.
    I wasn't being uncivil and neither was I being racist.
    I posted because it came up on recent topics no other reason
    I've been told by Beasty that I've form for racist comments, I made a joke once, which considering ive been here since 2008 is a bit of a stretch imo.

Ok I gave you a chance to come clean and at least try to explain your actions but you are choosing to treat me like an idiot. Infraction upheld.

If you want to have an admin look at this let us know.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Marking resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement