Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home from icy with villa machine a e by tube possible???

• 28-09-2019 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry not really sure where to post this but but my 81 year old Mum is in ICU with pneumonia and now appears reliant on bipap machine. She lucid but scared being on her own(v strict icu visiting regs)

Is it possible or to get her home in bipap? Pay for home nursing? I appreciate it probably won't be for long but I want her calm and comfy

Thanks for any advice

Sorry can't edit thread title

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry not really sure where to post this but but my 81 year old Mum is in ICU with pneumonia and now appears reliant on bipap machine. She lucid but scared being on her own(v strict icu visiting regs)

Is it possible or to get her home in bipap? Pay for home nursing? I appreciate it probably won't be for long but I want her calm and comfy

Thanks for any advice

Sorry can't edit thread title

If she is in ICU then I doubt very much any sort of move home is appropriate for a while anyway. When she is moved from ICU to a regular ward that would in my mind be the appropriate time to discuss the onward levels of required care..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as she is in Intensive Care then she should remain there until she is stabilised.
    Do start talking to head nurse and her doctor about the next steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Thanks so much. We had the start of a miracle yesterday morning and they are moving her out of ICU down to Coronary Care this evening. She's been off bipap with the exception of a few hours while she sleeps since 9:30 yesterday morning. Please god the anti biotics are now kicking in.

Thanks again

Advertisement