Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple bids of different properties

Options
  • 28-09-2019 9:18am

Hi all

So selling a house and was happy to go sale agreed with a cash bidder as they were happy with house and location. An underbidder wanted to go higher but that bidder has bid in another house with the same estate agent and probably multiple others. Would you trust this underbidder as I feel that bidder could pull the plug at the last minute if something else took their fancy.

What's your thoughts on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Is the underbidder mortgage buyer? How much extra are they willing to pay? Based on the information you provided, i would go with a cash buyer.

Mike3549 wrote: »
    Is the underbidder mortgage buyer? How much extra are they willing to pay? Based on the information you provided, i would go with a cash buyer.

Yeah mortgage bidder, not sure but last they bid it was 3k. Thinking I could waste time there and lose the cash bidder so edging that way myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Yeah mortgage bidder, not sure but last they bid it was 3k. Thinking I could waste time there and lose the cash bidder so edging that way myself

For €3k, I wouldn’t think twice about accepting the cash bid, provided they are ready to move quickly to complete the sale. That is the advantage of cash buyers, no bank to hold up the sale. Inform the buyer, their lower bid is being accepted contingent on there being no avoidable delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I'd accept the cash bid.
    Plus don't worry if the same people have multiple bids on other houses, people have to do this in hope they will get one of them.

Advertisement