Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1070ti or 2080ti

Options
  • 28-09-2019 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello
    I currently have a 1070ti in a computer i built last year. I am thinking about upgrading this to the 2080ti before Christmas. I was hoping for some opinions about whether its worth it at the moment and if the performance boost is that different or would it be best to leave it for another year due to the big price tag of the 2080ti.
    Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd look at 2070 Super, which is in a good sweet-spot - 30-40% increase in performance for €500-550.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What resolution you playing at?

I think id only be looking at a 2080 Ti if i was looking for 4K Ultra settings or 4K over 60Hz refresh. Even then the cost is prohibitive unless you have silly money and the cost is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

EoinHef wrote: »
    What resolution you playing at?

I think id only be looking at a 2080 Ti if i was looking for 4K Ultra settings or 4K over 60Hz refresh. Even then the cost is prohibitive unless you have silly money and the cost is not an issue.

Dual 2k monitor setup at 60hz usually. Unfortunately i have to look at cost. After last comment have been comparing the 2070s and 2080s which offer a lot for less than half the 2080ti cost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cool,similar to full fat 4K in pixel count so a 4k 60Hz capable card should be good for it.

2070 S a good starting point so after that its up to yourself how much you are willing to spend. With that res id probably go with the 2070 S and tweak game settings to keep a consistent 60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Mutant wrote: »
    Dual 2k monitor setup at 60hz usually. Unfortunately i have to look at cost. After last comment have been comparing the 2070s and 2080s which offer a lot for less than half the 2080ti cost

The 2080 Super is really not worth the cost and has been slated in all the reviews, as it just fails to deliver the performance bump the 2060/2070 Super cards have over the standard versions. The 2070 Super costs crazy money due to the way Nvidia has the GPU market these days for sure but it does beat a 1080Ti which will set you back a similar amount for a second-hand card and gets within 4-5 FPS of a regular 2080 which costs a couple of hundred quid more.

AMD's latest offerings are almost as good as the 2060/2070 Supers but cost a good deal less, so unless you have to go Nvidia they might be worth looking at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement