Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sylvan Park House - Students Next Door

Options
  • 28-09-2019 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and the wife are looking at buying a house in the Sylvan park area. We are well down the path of buying although nothing signed and sealed yet.

We only recently found out that the house next door, attached to the house we are looking at, is rented to 3-4 female students at the IT.

I was wondering what is the general reputation of students in the area? Is there much bother in terms of house parties and noise? I have no issue with an odd night of it here and there but we would certainly not consider the house if it was a night every 1-2 weeks. The current owner has informed us that there is usually a meet up 1 night of the week but that it's just a few quiet drinks and no hassle. We could live with this but we obviously need to take anything the owner says with a pinch of salt.

This is a significant outlay for us and will be our first owned house. And we have a 5 month old baby to boot, so we're very anxious to avoid getting stuck with a mortgage for what might be an extremely noisy environment.

My own understanding of Sylvan park is that it's generally a calm family environment with a mix of students that generally don't disrupt that environment however, I'd be keen to hear from people that might have a bit more experience in the area than I do.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It used to be fine when i lived in lk, a mix of familes, you professionals house sharing, and students. Definitely quieter than ashlawn and nearer the college.

Advertisement