Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK is now a hate symbol says ADL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Origins of the ADL:

A B'nai B'rith organisation begat the ADL while defending president of its Atlanta chapter Leon Fran. Frank ran a pencil factory, and raped and murdered 13 year old Mary Phagan, whom he employed along with many other teens, in violation of child labour laws.

Phagan was strangled to death with wire, she had been bludgeoned with a pipe, and her underwear was torn and bloodied. She went to collect her $1.30 pay cheque and never returned. After she was raped and murdered, her body was dragged to the basement. Police found strands of her hair and blood on the floor across from Frank’s office. Frank nervously revealed the victim's name in front of police before they had given him any such details.

A grand jury voted 21 – 0 to indict Frank. Four of those jurors were Jewish, yet later the ADL would try to argue that the jury wrongly convicted him because of antisemitism.

Judge, Leonard Roan rejected all appeals, and ordered Frank to be hanged on April 17, 1913. Yet Frank who was unanimously elected president of the B’nai Brith chapter again even after being convicted of rape and murder. With the help of Jewish pressure groups, he appealed to Governor John M. Slaton who, in his last week in office, commuted Frank's sentence, changing it from the death penalty to life in prison.

While in prison, fellow inmate William Creen used a butcher knife and cut Leon’s throat severely injuring him. On August 16th a mob broke into the prison captured Leon Frank and took him 2 miles away and hanged him.

The ADL fought to grand Frank a posthumous pardon, which he got in 1986. Fred Grimm of the Miami Herald said of the pardon: "A salve for one of the South’s most hateful, festering memories, was finally applied."

The ADL was created with Jewish mafia money. It has connections to Meyer Lansky, Moe Dalitz, Bugsy Siegal, arms trafficker Hank Greenspun. The ADL famously gave Jewish gangster Moe Dalitz the Torch of Liberty Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

8w6xa8hzb0631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Outside in the real world, the ok sign is still ok. Is white supremisiscm even a thing outside of redneck colonial nations.
    It's an offensive gesture in quite a few countries, as it's a sexual reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Origins of the ADL:

A B'nai B'rith organisation begat the ADL while defending president of its Atlanta chapter Leon Fran. Frank ran a pencil factory, and raped and murdered 13 year old Mary Phagan, whom he employed along with many other teens, in violation of child labour laws.

Phagan was strangled to death with wire, she had been bludgeoned with a pipe, and her underwear was torn and bloodied. She went to collect her $1.30 pay cheque and never returned. After she was raped and murdered, her body was dragged to the basement. Police found strands of her hair and blood on the floor across from Frank’s office. Frank nervously revealed the victim's name in front of police before they had given him any such details.

A grand jury voted 21 – 0 to indict Frank. Four of those jurors were Jewish, yet later the ADL would try to argue that the jury wrongly convicted him because of antisemitism.

Judge, Leonard Roan rejected all appeals, and ordered Frank to be hanged on April 17, 1913. Yet Frank who was unanimously elected president of the B’nai Brith chapter again even after being convicted of rape and murder. With the help of Jewish pressure groups, he appealed to Governor John M. Slaton who, in his last week in office, commuted Frank's sentence, changing it from the death penalty to life in prison.

While in prison, fellow inmate William Creen used a butcher knife and cut Leon’s throat severely injuring him. On August 16th a mob broke into the prison captured Leon Frank and took him 2 miles away and hanged him.

The ADL fought to grand Frank a posthumous pardon, which he got in 1986. Fred Grimm of the Miami Herald said of the pardon: "A salve for one of the South’s most hateful, festering memories, was finally applied."

The ADL was created with Jewish mafia money. It has connections to Meyer Lansky, Moe Dalitz, Bugsy Siegal, arms trafficker Hank Greenspun. The ADL famously gave Jewish gangster Moe Dalitz the Torch of Liberty Award.

I googled this text and the only sources I can find are conspiracy subforums on 4chan, 8chan(!?), and some kind of far-right blog which appears to focus on evil jewish conspiracies...

Are they the sort of places you normally rely on for your information?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The adl have become a parody.

That they fell for an online prank like this is very sad.

Too isolated from reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Morgans

B0jangles wrote: »
    I googled this text and the only sources I can find are conspiracy subforums on 4chan, 8chan(!?), and some kind of far-right blog which appears to focus on evil jewish conspiracies...

At least they arent trying to hide it. And nothing, nothing at all anti-semetic about the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So that fb campaign in which men were asked to post a picture of themselves doing the OK symbol to show that "it's ok to not be ok" was actually a subliminal campaign to spread the message of white power and to put down non-whites without them even knowing it?

Yeah, makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So that fb campaign in which men were asked to post a picture of themselves doing the OK symbol to show that "it's ok to not be ok" was actually a subliminal campaign to spread the message of white power and to put down non-whites without them even knowing it?

Yeah, makes sense...

Not at all...
    But!
    If you can retrospectively convince those that took part, and supported such a campaign that their well intentioned actions were actually quite offensive to a victimised subset of a society?
    Well...

That's a cash cow, a gift horse, a money tree even ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Yeah, makes sense...

In the modern Left it does make sense.

The left has gone completely ficking insane.

This weird identity politics obsession will kill it.

You can't have looked very carefully.

From Wikipedia:
    The Anti-Defamation League was founded by B'nai B'rith as a response to attacks on Jews; the recent conviction of Leo Frank was mentioned by Adolf Kraus when he announced the creation of the ADL.

• Advertisement

You can't have looked very carefully.

From Wikipedia:

No, no, I don't mean elements of the text, I mean blocks of it - that's how you find out more exactly where text is being quoted from it. That text in that form appears to only appear on extremist sites.

Is that where you are quoting it from?

I mean, you formatted it in a way which suggests it is a direct quotation, but you didn't cite a source - why?

No, no, I don't mean elements of the text, I mean blocks of it - that's how you find out more exactly where text is being quoted from it. That text in that form appears to only appear on extremist sites.

Is that where you are quoting it from?

I mean, you formatted it in a way which suggests it is a direct quotation, but you didn't cite a source - why?

It's not a quote. If any of the text in italics is false, please feel free to correct it.

It's not a quote. If any of the text in italics is false, please feel free to correct it.

It's all your own work? That's super-weird because large sections of it appear verbatim on 4chan/8chan and a far-right blog about jewish conspiracies.

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

It's all your own work? That's super-weird because large sections of it appear verbatim on 4chan/8chan and a far-right blog about jewish conspiracies.

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

If any part of it is untrue please let me know. I don't want to post falsehoods.

I don't care where information comes from, and neither should you. For what it's worth, I could never make sense of 4/8chan, and I read Jewish web sites and anti-Jewish web sites, since they can both be equally revealing. Why would I not want the full picture?

You should stop being afraid of certain forums and web sites because people tell you they're evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Morgans wrote: »
    Anyone who doesnt recognise how this has been co-opted by white nationaists and white nationalist friendly groups is selling you something. Anyone feigning misundertanding what is being done here is also trying to sell you something.

The whole thing was invented by 8chan to show how prevalent purse clutching lunacy have become

And it worked, you being a case in point. :o

If any part of it is untrue please let me know. I don't want to post falsehoods.

Yeah, I'm not going to start researching a virulently anti-semetic 4chan/8chan conspiracy theory for you - if you want it to stand up to scrutiny, please cite your sources.

I don't care where information comes from, and neither should you. For what it's worth, I could never make sense of 4/8chan, and I read Jewish web sites and anti-Jewish web sites, since they can both be equally revealing. Why would I not want the full picture?

You should stop being afraid of certain forums and web sites because people tell you they're evil.

I'm not afraid of them, I'm disgusted by them.

edit: Still no sources you're willing to share? Damn, they must be really really bad.

Yeah, I'm not going to start researching a virulently anti-semetic 4chan/8chan conspiracy theory for you - if you want it to stand up to scrutiny, please cite your sources.
    You can read about the murder here:
    http://www.aboutnorthgeorgia.com/ang/Little_Secrets
    and here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Frank
    Let me know if you still think the Mary Phagan murder case is a conspiracy theory, or that the conviction and murder of Leon Frank had nothing to do with the origins of the ADL. You are doing the world a great disservice by not publishing that information.

Bambi wrote: »
    The whole thing was invented by 8chan to show how prevalent purse clutching lunacy have become

And it worked, you being a case in point. :o

Did you read the ADL statement? It That's all part of the grift. Its pretty amazing that some people refuse to differentiate between someone giving the ok sign as part of their regular day, and white supremacists doing it as a calling card to their sympathisers online or offline. If you arent a white supremacist or a supporter of their terrorism, then it is highly unlikely to be viewed as a racist sign. However, if you do it when you are being arrested or being in court after burning a synagogue, mosque or any other racially motivated crime, it is being used as a sign of solidarity with others of your ilk.

If you dont or refuse to understand the difference, you are part of the trolling or stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Hate symbol?!!

But I've been using it as a gang sign for years. So embarrassed right now...

• Advertisement

You can read about the murder here:
    http://www.aboutnorthgeorgia.com/ang/Little_Secrets
    and here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Frank
    Let me know if you still think the Mary Phagan murder case is a conspiracy theory, or that the conviction and murder of Leon Frank had nothing to do with the origins of the ADL. You are doing the world a great disservice by not publishing that information.

Still doesn't explain that your original text (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111368753&postcount=32) the one you now claim is all your own work is made up of blocks of text copied from conspiracy subforums on 4chan, 8chan and what appears to be an openly and virulently anti-semitic blog.

What's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So now that the OK hand sign joins Pepe the Frog as a hate symbol I wonder what the ADL will go after next!

Picard face palm?

Futurama take my money?

Simpsons think of the children?

These fools really do live in clownworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

biko wrote: »
    How it all started

pjimage-2-e1514957803981.jpg

I always knew Barack was a half self hating White Supremacist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

And I'm pretty sure Bill Clinton is making reference to Monica Lewinsky in that photo..

No need to get up, I'll see myself out.

They can fcuk right off.

This should be the only response to these idiots.

We'll try again. You know Im not doing this for you.

As if that's why its being viewed as a hate symbol. Its all laid out for those who are actually interested in reading the link rather than just regurgitating the same nonsense.

As I said, it has been coopted by white nationalists and its no surprise that anti semetism wasn't long in popping up on this thread. No one cares if you do it, except if its a signal to those who know.

"In 2017, the “okay” hand gesture acquired a new and different significance thanks to a hoax by members of the website 4chan to falsely promote the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming that the gesture represented the letters “wp,” for “white power.” The “okay” gesture hoax was merely the latest in a series of similar 4chan hoaxes using various innocuous symbols; in each case, the hoaxers hoped that the media and liberals would overreact by condemning a common image as white supremacist.

In the case of the “okay” gesture, the hoax was so successful the symbol became a popular trolling tactic on the part of right-leaning individuals, who would often post photos to social media of themselves posing while making the “okay” gesture.

Ironically, some white supremacists themselves soon also participated in such trolling tactics, lending an actual credence to those who labeled the trolling gesture as racist in nature. By 2019, at least some white supremacists seem to have abandoned the ironic or satiric intent behind the original trolling campaign and used the symbol as a sincere expression of white supremacy, such as when Australian white supremacist Brenton Tarrant flashed the symbol during a March 2019 courtroom appearance soon after his arrest for allegedly murdering 50 people in a shooting spree at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand."

Morgans wrote: »
    The OK symbol has been problematic for years.

This is a discussion from years ago. Tim Pool acting as disingeous as the OP here. interesting to hear him use the ADL to defend his argument here. ADL has seen through the lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52APBQy1Olk

Only idiots, people with a victim complex and race baiting hustlers see the OK sign as "Problematic".

It's amazing how troll can't seem to get their heads around context. I guess its what makes them trolls. If for whatever reason you give the ok sign in everyday life you are not a racist, if you are one of many in a anti-immigrant march using it then it is a symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

bleh

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I don't blame the 4chans trolls for this. I blame the Fake News outlets for taking this ball and running with it because they're desperate to paint Trump and Conservatives as Racists, White Supremacists,etc.

We are getting closer to the real basis of this....

Advertisement