Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK is now a hate symbol says ADL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Only idiots, people with a victim complex and race baiting hustlers see the OK sign as "Problematic".

Lads has the world gone mad or is it just a few Boards posters

I never heard anyone think ok was an issue til I read the OP (and boy I'm sorry I did).

There's at least one poster here who needs to study Dougal's old diagram from Fr Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Morgans

All part of the culture war now. Owning the libs.

Its not an issue here, but some lads are keen to import it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Morgans wrote: »
    We are getting closer to the real basis of this....

No you're not. God, its scary how people like you have the ability to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

So is giving someone the two fingers misogynistic now?

Or giving someone the finger racist against Indians?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Morgans

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    No you're not. God, its scary how people like you have the ability to vote.

If you are racist, just be racist. Have some courage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

*head explodes*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

This type of utter nonsense is rapidly heading towards the mindset of "..Hitler loved dogs, therefore all dog lovers are Nazis".
    I'm surprised that they haven't started hounding Helly Hanson clothing to drop their H.H. logo in case it could be construed as Heil Hitler by some.
    Halfwits the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Lucky number 8 is to be banned in China as the 8th letter of the alphabet represents the letter 'H',
    they will shortly move to the (lucky 7) Western tradition for general numerical lucky-lucky-win times

Also in bingo, two fat ladies (88) have now been banned, as well as being terribly fattist,
    it represents the double H, it will now be know as the 'integer ball formerly between 87-89' (not as catchy).

If you are racist, just be racist. Have some courage.

:rolleyes:

If you're an NPC, just be an NPC. Have some courage.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    This type of utter nonsense is rapidly heading towards the mindset of "..Hitler loved dogs, therefore all dog lovers are Nazis".
    I'm surprised that they haven't started hounding Helly Hanson clothing to drop their H.H. logo in case it could be construed as Heil Hitler by some.
    Halfwits the lot of them.

Don't give the Idiots and NPCs any ideas. They have proven time and again they will run with anything that furthers their victim complex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

It's amazing how troll can't seem to get their heads around context. I guess its what makes them trolls. If for whatever reason you give the ok sign in everyday life you are not a racist, if you are one of many in a anti-immigrant march using it then it is a symbol.

I have only read your posts now for a few days, but I must say you're posting style and language used only serve to prove how indoctrinated you are to your cause.

The tactics you use as to attack the character rather than the argument are glaringly obvious for all to see. Really only highlights your bias and your refusal to deal with reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Lads has the world gone mad or is it just a few Boards posters

I never heard anyone think ok was an issue til I read the OP (and boy I'm sorry I did).

There's at least one poster here who needs to study Dougal's old diagram from Fr Ted

There are too many (especially) recent posters who post everything through a lens related to the American culture & political wars.
    They have adopted the same words and gestures and arguments which 99% of the time have zero to do with this country or the orbit we live in.

"liberal", "progressive", "alt-right" "Soros"
    Their talk parrots their favourite YouTube channels spiel and are trying to transpose every bit of bulls1t to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I had never heard about this until seeing this thread. I imagine the vast majority of people are in the same boat.

It's been floating around for a while.

99.9% of people don't give a shit.

looksee wrote: »
    Why is the ADL acting on behalf of the white supremacists by giving this story legs?

They have to make their money somehow.

Danzy wrote: »
    The adl have become a parody.

They've been a parody for over 20 years.

They once tried to label Davod Icke as an "anti Semite", trying to claim that when he said "lizards", what he "really meant" was "Jews".

But, he really did just mean lizards.

The ADL have a long history of telling folk what the people in their firing line "really mean".

In the modern Left it does make sense.

The ADL has nothing to do with "the left".

"Modern" or otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The Left have really lost their minds in the States.

Fun to watch

I'm pretty sure 4chan made this up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Tony EH wrote: »
    The ADL has nothing to do with "the left".

"Modern" or otherwise.

Fair enough but this loohlah bollocks is now engrained across the Left and self declared progressive movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

The world is become so incredibly stupid and those in power and with influence are doing nothing to stop it.

• Advertisement

All these anti-hate, civil rights organisations have been highjacked by the far left and are now worthless.

I'm pretty sure 4chan made this up

Yes, but the media picked up the ball and ran with it because it fit their narrative. And then they wonder why Trump calls them the Enemy of the People.

Fair enough but this loohlah bollocks is now engrained across the Left and self declared progressive movements.

No it isn't.

People need to stop looking at ridiculous nonsense in America and strawmanning the left with it, just to suit their own limited point of view.

It's beyond tiresome at this stage.

There is no left in America, just flavours of right.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1 This quarterwitted utter scutter on all sides of this so called Left and Right is almost entirely an American cultural politic spreading beyond their shores by way of the interwebs, only bought into by a handful of impressionable eejits on this side of the Atlantic. Sadly among those eejits there are the attention seeking fcuknuggets in the media, but just ignore them, switch channels, don't buy their rags at the newsagents, don't subscribe to their sites and twitter feeds. Oh and there's no point responding to them with logic or even dog's abuse, however tempting that might be, as like attention whores anywhere it's the attention itself that flicks their bean.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Bernie Sanders is on the right?

AOC?

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Bernie Sanders is on the right?

AOC?

These people are only "left" when compared to the Republicans and those other twats, Libertarians, who are really only Republicans is different clothes.

The likes of Sanders and Cortez may adopt certain left principles, but compared to the Left of Europe, they leave an awful lot to be desired.

Besides, the parties that they are a part of remain dedicated to their centrist right policies that they've been clinging onto since the 90's and the chances that they'll get to actually implement any of their more moderate ideas are practically zero. Sanders was even scuppered in the last election, because the DNC preferred Hilary Clinton to go forward, who in any other country on the planet would be considered a Conservative candidate. Even Tulsi Gabard is being backstaged by the party and she's saying a lot of things that both the Conservative and Liberal public can agree with.

But this is largely by the by. People this side of the pond duped by shrill, clickbait merchant, nouveaux right wing, shit stirrers on YouTube and fed an extremely bad diet of "look at what the Liberals are doing" nonsense are saturating the minds with rubbish and believing that this is de rigueur for Americans, when the reality is that most Americans aren't even looking at this shite themselves.

The morons who lap up this crap then go on to bleat about "Liberals" - a term they have absolutely no understanding of, outside of what their YouTube guru's tell them it means and subsequently end up making fools of themselves in the most cretinous fashion.

Simply put, there are no real sides in American politics. It's a one party state with slight differences in flavour, when the reality is simply more of the same no matter which figurehead one votes for.

It's a one party state with slight differences in flavour, when the reality is simply more of the same no matter which figurehead one votes for.

I agree with this, but I do think Sanders and AOC want to implement genuine left policies.

These people are only "left" when compared to the Republicans and those other twats, Libertarians, who are really only Republicans is different clothes.

The likes of Sanders and Cortez may adopt certain left principles, but compared to the Left of Europe, they leave an awful lot to be desired.

Besides, the parties that they are a part of remain dedicated to their centrist right policies that they've been clinging onto since the 90's and the chances that they'll get to actually implement any of their more moderate ideas are practically zero. Sanders was even scuppered in the last election, because the DNC preferred Hilary Clinton to go forward, who in any other country on the planet would be considered a Conservative candidate. Even Tulsi Gabard is being backstaged by the party and she's saying a lot of things that both the Conservative and Liberal public can agree with.

But this is largely by the by. People this side of the pond duped by shrill, clickbait merchant, nouveaux right wing, shit stirrers on YouTube and fed an extremely bad diet of "look at what the Liberals are doing" nonsense are saturating the minds with rubbish and believing that this is de rigueur for Americans, when the reality is that most Americans aren't even looking at this shite themselves.

The morons who lap up this crap then go on to bleat about "Liberals" - a term they have absolutely no understanding of, outside of what their YouTube guru's tell them it means and subsequently end up making fools of themselves in the most cretinous fashion.

Simply put, there are no real sides in American politics. It's a one party state with slight differences in flavour, when the reality is simply more of the same no matter which figurehead one votes for.

Funny thing is that the people on this side of the pond lapping it up and spouting the same type of ****e regarding liberals wouldn't have three different college courses offended to them and paid for in the main by the taxpayer, while being on social welfare if living over there. You have to wonder if they are just trolling or just got mental health issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

No it isn't.

People need to stop looking at ridiculous nonsense in America and strawmanning the left with it, just to suit their own limited point of view.

It's beyond tiresome at this stage.

The left includes the ones incapable of having a conversation.
    I disagree with people on the right also, but when I debate them they are at least reasonable and don't look to call me names at the slightest opportunity.

Just look at the difference between AOC and Sarah Palin.
    "When I debate Christians, Jews, Creationists, climate deniers etc. they are unfailingly polite, respectful, thoughtful, discerning, & listen to my arguments. Far Left SJWs do not. They simply look for fault & pounce. "- Michael Shermer

• Advertisement

I disagree with people on the right also, but when I debate them they are at least reasonable and don't look to call me names at the slightest opportunity.

Yeh sure. The "right" never dream of calling anyone names.

They wouldn't think of calling anyone an "SJW", or a "cuck" or "woke", or a "libtard", or "snowflake"...ad nauseam.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement