Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Father Ted even just first the priests getting lost in a lingerie department and me thinking it was pronounced lin-ger-ee :D

It's Ireland's biggest lingerie section, I understand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Father Ted leads 11-2

liamo77 wrote: »
    Father Ted for me.

Throw a reason out there Liamo to have the vote counted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

ER was never that good IMO, an expensive Days of our lives :D

Ted on the other hand, absolutely perfect tv and comedy, a show you can watch repeatedly and take happiness from. People are too quick to want to be high brow and serious, Ted keeps you in a place of happiness throughout. Still remember where I was when I heard he passed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Father Ted.

The strength of comedy that I can still laugh despite watching every episode multiple muptiples of times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And that's it!! Fr. Ted takes this one with a 13-2 romp and becomes our first quarter finalist!

Necro wrote: »
    And that's it!! Fr. Ted takes this one with a 13-2 romp and becomes our first quarter finalist!

tumblr_lgsjj4PLkL1qzsnre.gif

Up next, we have a kickass Vampire Slayer vs a gangland show that had the nation glued to their screens each week.

Thing is - which deserves your love here - along with a place in quarters? Let's find out

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

512ypD93CdL.jpg

VS

Love/Hate

love-hate.jpg

For me, I'm going Love/Hate.

I think this is as far as Buffy goes (albeit deservedly)

Love/Hate for me is genuinely up there with some of the top top rated US shows and deserves to progress more here.

Voting Love/Hate

Prob gonna lose, but I'm going Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Cute slayers and Witches and the vampire Spike was just too funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love Hate because Nidge is the Irish Patsy. :pac: Seriously though, it was properly compelling viewing and RTÉ haven’t managed to top it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Love Hate best drama RTE has ever produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Love/Hate

It had menacing characters, sympathetic characters and it was class being able to see various locations through out Dublin in it too. Storylines were gripping also.

Proxy vote recorded for Clarabel for Buffy The Vampire Slayer for the record.

Reasoning: one of her fave shows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Buffy.

It had vampires, monsters and Spike.

All Eyes On Rafah

BUFFY!! Fantastic memories watching Buffy in a flat in Monkstown with a bunch of lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Love/Hate - Only saw the 1st season but that was better than all of Buffy also to keep the votes trickling in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

De Bhál wrote: »
    Love/Hate - Only saw the 1st season but that was better than all of Buffy

Do yourself a favour and watch the rest, it's really good! 1 is the weakest of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Going buffy.

Better written and most certainly better acted than it’s opponent.

I honestly think that Love/Hate gets rave reviews a lot of the time simply because it’s irish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Love hate please. For ebony maw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and watch the rest, it's really good! 1 is the weakest of the lot.

my better half is going out tonight and I hear it's on the RTE Player so may get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Buffy is amazing. There is nothing else like it and it was good fun too.

I vote Buffy

Tidy tidy battle here.

6-6 currently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Love hate gets my vote for revenge against Buffy

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. for the Spike and buffy falling in love storyline. And because I really like Alyson Hannigan and because Angel was hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Buffy

Loved it and stil lstands up to repeating showing. Enjoyed Love/hate but never got the love for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Green&Red wrote: »
    Love hate gets my vote for revenge against Buffy

Never get on GnRs bad side :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Love hate, its RTE's only brilliant crime series

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Love/hate for me.....gritty, original, homegrown and utterly believable....not like that other tripe....its not even the best supernatural/vampire show out there.

If Buffy wins I am going straight down to Patrick Wards garage for a pipe bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Love hate for me. Gripped me so quickly, didnt outstay its welcone either.

Never watched Buffy but I enjoy the backstage banter.

Advertisement