Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fraiser, the wire promotes selling of drugs to kids, frasier is funny and makes you a better person having watched it

You like the Sopranos... :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ah here, the wire.its amazing. Series 2 is standout TV. It throws lots of people off has it's a complete pivot from series 1, but the dockers and Frank Sobotka story is just amazing TV.

This is bs though because Frasier is better than overhyped tripe that is love/hate. If it weren't Irish, noone would have cared

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »

Mick is currently on drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The Wire because it's absolutely amazing up until season 5.

And Frasier is not that good tbh. Here is probably a round too far for it if I'm honest.

Yeah except season two.
    That was dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

quickbeam wrote: »
    Except that's not what I said :eek:

Well you said it was superior but didn't state why which is basically Cos I like it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Wire, took everything OZ did right and made it better.

No matter who wins this the biggest shock for me was Oz losing to Sesame street. Oz is so good people, old now but still all that means is so many never saw it. Most think HBO started with the Sopranos but no

Ooohh obviously both very excellent. I really do love Fraiser just makes me feel happy watching it BUT I'll allow my partner to sway my vote by admitting he'd never forgive me if I chose Fraiser over The Wire so..

The Wire gets my vote!

No one said i couldn't be a hypocrit,

Also no drugs were sold to kids, they took a hard line against it with meadow :cool:

No matter who wins this the biggest shock for me was Oz losing to Sesame street. Oz is so good people, old now but still all that means is so many never saw it. Most think HBO started with the Sopranos but no

Yeah I'm still annoyed over that one, how many people who voted for Sesame St. actually saw OZ, not many I'd say. OZ changed TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The Wire - Great show. Best I've seen. Great storylines throughout.

• Advertisement

The family orientated show about a waste disposal employee going to a psychiatrist to better himself while he provides for his family, what's the connection :confused::pac:

The Wire leads 8-4 currently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Vote Fraiser

Exceptional TV, best comedy around.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

The Wire
    Because of McNulty, Multi Season story arcs and OMAR

9stDJ9GnGMdk8EXc9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Greyfox

The wire as its the most realistic show ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Fraiser for the wit and derogatory put downs

Yeah I'm still annoyed over that one, how many people who voted for Sesame St. actually saw OZ, not many I'd say. OZ changed TV.

Should be a bonus round at the end. First to 5 for biggest miscarriage of justice in the voting. The Dr Who fans *Shudder* :P etc can have their say too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Greyfox wrote: »
    The wire as its the most realistic show ever

Exactly. When the Police asked writers not to reveal certain vulnerabilities they had in phone technology in their plotlines, you know it was good.

Exactly. When the Police asked writers not to reveal certain vulnerabilities they had in phone technology in their plotlines, you know it was good.

This is why I loved shows like this, Sopranos, Breaking bad... They were so on point with reality.

10-6 to The Wire at the mo (done mainly so I don't have to go back and recount :P )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Should be a bonus round at the end. First to 5 for biggest miscarriage of justice in the voting. The Dr Who fans *Shudder* :P etc can have their say too :pac:

The Shield is a travesty, can't believe I missed that vote :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The wire in spite of McNulty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The Wire was over rated by people who obviously were too slow to understand the humour and greatness of Fraiser.

Fraiser should have won that round.

All Eyes On Rafah

pc7 wrote: »

Agreed. Michael Chiklis is on a par with Gandolfini and Cranston imo

The Wire was over rated by people who obviously were too slow to understand the humour and greatness of Fraiser.

It's only 11-6 yet. Still not over :p

pc7 wrote: »

I'd rather lose to The West Wing than Sesame Street (Oz) but I do think The Shield should still be going. It's be in my top 5 maybe even round out my semi finals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

phatkev wrote: »
    The Wire - great character development, great story, great series

The Wire

Salty.

Frasier is grand to watch, wouldn’t be staying in to watch an episode, the wire was unmissable tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Salty.

Frasier is grand to watch, wouldn’t be staying in to watch an episode, the wire was unmissable tv.

WHen I got the boxset of the Wire, stayed up to 3am the first night I was so engrossed.

Fraiser is funny, but I couldn't binge watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Fraiser is not funny.

There. I said it!

Advertisement