Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

Ah this is like asking "which one do you prefer Oasis or Blur?"

I'm going heart over head on this one.

My vote goes to Father Ted.

Father Ted reminds me of funny times spent with friends. Of happy times spent with family. And of lovely times spent with my partner. <3

The Wire is obviously fantastic but what can I say... I love my brick!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Wire.

Agree with Niska that they aren't really comparable and both deserve to be here, but if you ask me which I'd watch right this minute it would be The Wire.

I've seen every episode of Father Ted multiple times and they never get old but for me you can't beat the drama of The Wire.

So vote goes to The Wire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Voting F Ted, the wire is brilliant but its a watch the whole thing twice series whereas you'll watch F Ted over and over and over again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ah this is like asking "which one do you prefer Oasis or Blue?"

I'm going heart over head on this one.

My vote goes to Father Ted.

Father Ted reminds me of funny times spent with friends. Of happy times spent with family. And of lovely times spent with my partner. <3

The Wire is obviously fantastic but what can I say... I love my brick!

If that wasn't meant to be Blur :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

7ZhuGAK24dyX.gif

(Yes, voted for the Wire but can't beat a good Fr Ted gif)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Father Ted is hilarious and quotable for nearly all conversations

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

20 minutes remain

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Father Ted. So many quotable moments. Couldn't really get into The Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭thelostboys23

Vote for the wire cos Wee bay took the year's and deserves to he in the last 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Looks like Ted ahead by 2 or 3 atm...rough count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Father Ted.

Why? That would be an ecumenical matter....

Ten minutes left to get your votes in

• Registered Users Posts: 30,422 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Father Ted for me, sure who doesn't like a giggle before bedtime? Also, they pretty much nailed it with all of the cameos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Ooooh.

Fr Ted.

No...

The Wire!

No...
    Um..

Yes, the Wire. Just so well written, really really good drama, serious character development. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Both......but vote for Ted, it’s got less “6 out of 10” episodes than the Wire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

The Wire for me, love Father Ted but I just feel the Wire is on another level

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

The Wire - for the scale and ambition of its storytelling.

Haha oops!!

Father Ted comes back from an 8 - 3 deficit to storm across the finish line and run out 16 - 14 victors over The Wire.

ANY other show than Ted and this would be an upset, but this is Ireland, and more importantly to some I guess - Tedland.

Fr. Ted advances to the semi finals!

Fr-Ted-1.gif

Necro wrote: »
    Father Ted comes back from an 8 - 3 deficit to storm across the finish line and run out 16 - 14 victors over The Wire.

ANY other show than Ted and this would be an upset, but this is Ireland, and more importantly to some I guess - Tedland.

Fr. Ted advances to the semi finals!

Fr-Ted-1.gif

Voted for The Wire, but I can't be upset at Ted winning. Great show.

• Advertisement

Next up and fantasy and reality clash in an epic encounter.

The dragons take on Easy Company, in a bid to win the hearts and minds of you Boardsies.

Game of Thrones

51xp5HeTCXL.jpg

VS

Band of Brothers

51E6H-IgW%2BL.jpg

One hour time limit again. The show with the most votes with valid reasons will advance to the semifinals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Oh God damn, another tough one! But it has to be Band of Brothers, theres not a single bad episode cant say the same for GoT

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Band of Brothers. Even more epic than dragons.

Band of Brothers - Great story telling, great characters, brutal scenes but overall a must watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Both brilliant but ye got rid of Doctor Who, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Star Trek and other decent fantasy/sci fi so I vote Game of thrones as it has dragons and also it has this wonderful actor
    MV5BMTM1MTI5Mzc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzgzOTQz._V1_UY1200_CR166,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Game Of Thrones - just great TV, and overall better than BOB

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Never seen either, so no vote on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Band of brothers.

Ah now! GoT is amazing over it's run, and even it's final season had standout moments. But BoB is near perfection for it's entire run. Is it fair? Id season 3 (the pinnacle IMO) of Got better than BoB? Would a multiple season BoB dipped in quality? I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,152 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Necro wrote: »

This competition is a sham and a fraud and a...sham.

Oh wait, my guys won!

In that case, you're a great bunch of lads.

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Band of Brothers....as epic as GoT was, it was far too rushed in the last series, and you could even argue the last two series.

Reminded me of being a young boy first experiencing the touch of a woman....years of build up then 'Gone in 60 seconds' :pac::cool::D

BoB excelled from start to finish, in fact I think it might be time for a re-watch....

Advertisement