Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Acosta

Band Of Brothers all the way.

GOT had some great moments but was too slow early on and too rushed at the end. Good show but overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

GOT please.

It did political drama better than most. Fantasy better than all. Action better than most

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Would be happy with either getting through but giving the slight edge to Game of Thrones here, season 4 is probably in my top 3 favourite seasons of TV, just slightly ahead of Band of Brothers and the rest of the early seasons were no slouches either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

BOB for strategy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The wire is better than both of them so I'm out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,152 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Game of Thrones. Every character is in danger, nobody is safe. Surprises galore and a great story.

Band of Brothers makes it look like Easy Comp. waltzed through western Europe without much of a care. There wasn't enough danger to the men involved and that was one of the major flaws with the show. If you look at BoB, few of the characters we follow get killed or even injured and it's only when the series says the casualty rate in a footnote at the end of one of the episodes that we understand the % of men that made up the real casualty rate. It all came across as a but too safe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game of Thrones.

I think it's probably my favourite show ever even despite its flaws.

Band of Brothers is absolutely amazing and I won't be too sad if it goes through but GOT was better, consistently over a longer run than BOB, which while good was only a mini-series.

So, Game of Thrones for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Band of Brothers. Limited episodes, all made to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

GOT

For Jeffrey’s poisoning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Game of thrones for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I honestly think this one comes down to your view on the last season for GoT.

Personally, I actually enjoyed the last season. GoT is easily one of the greatest tv shows of all time with an incredibly layered story. BoB is well done, but it’s not on the level of GoT

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game of thrones for me

Need a reason for it to stick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Game of Thrones. Ending aside, it's set new standards for epic tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Necro wrote: »
    Need a reason for it to stick ;)

Interesting you chase for reasons on shows that you vote for hmmmm :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Game of Thrones

It became a TV sensation. And great intro soundtrack and twists

Also, dragons

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Voting Game of thrones as it was miles better, the writing and characters where far superior. no TV show was as deep and complex as GOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Game of Thrones simply for giving us Emilia Clarke. Also Charles Dance and Jack Gleeson played the best antagonists on TV for a long time and will go down as legends just for their performances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'm actually going to vote, and that's BoB.

2 reasons. Though I loved GoT, Emilia Clarke is a terrible actor and the character was so dreary and dull and badly written etc. The last 2 seasons were pretty bad. AWfully written, stupid special effects, nonsensical stories. Threads that just ended abruptly. Actually 3 reasons. Samwell Tarly. bloody awful character.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Last season of GOT really let’s it down.....at this level of the competition, every show is great, so I’m going for BOB which has a higher consistency in its episodes of awesomeness than all the seasons of GOT.....without the last season of GOT it would’ve got my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Last season of GOT really let’s it down.....at this level of the competition, every show is great, so I’m going for BOB which has a higher consistency in its episodes of awesomeness than all the seasons of GOT.....without the last season of GOT it would’ve got my vote

The last season didn't happen. We had a game of werewolf recently instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Green&Red wrote: »
    GOT

For Jeffrey’s poisoning

Jeffrey???? :D

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Band of Brothers

GoT was soooo over hyped and the end turned out to be a huge let down, whereas Band of Brothers was just better in every department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Game of Thrones.

Sean Bean was brilliant is this.

The waits between seasons was torture, and the fix when it came, always seem too short, then another agonizing wait until the next season comes along.

Lots of shows when they restart a new season, I go, oh yeah, I'll watch that again, but this show I was actively looking for it and cursing when it wasn't due for another month.

and...

Dragons
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Best argument for BoB is probably that every episode was great but it was a single season so that is a lot easier and I am going for GoTs as it hooked me across so many story lines and characters and has joined the likes of LOTR or Star Wars in terms of cultural phenomenon fantasy epics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

sKeith wrote: »
    Game of Thrones.

Sean Bean was brilliant is this.

The waits between seasons was torture, and the fix when it came, always seem too short, then another agonizing wait until the next season comes along.

Lots of shows when they restart a new season, I go, oh yeah, I'll watch that again, but this show I was actively looking for it and cursing when it wasn't due for another month.

and...

Dragons
    giphy.gif

nothing, i szaid nothing

The Walking Dead and Games of Thrones are my two favourite shows of all time. That's right. I love a great show with a great story even if that story stops being so great and loses its way. TWD is gone but I will not give up on GOT, it gets my vote... For it had vicious Kings and idiot Kings and was cursed with a vicious idiot boy king!!!

20 minutes left to vote

GOT is fantastic tv and it has dragons and zombie shadow babies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Band of Brothers bec of the acting

• Advertisement

10 mins left

Advertisement