Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Breaking Bad from the pilot right up until the finale. Exceptional TV. So many easter eggs, some great homages and the villains were superb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Breaking Bad, strong from start to finish and spawned a good spin off. Cant believe Blackadder got this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Breaking bad for Hank, a brilliant character, his death was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Is better call Saul actually worth the watch? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Breaking bad. No contest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

Breaking bad. Started off a slow burner, but by season 3 it was a masterclass in writing. Walter Whites metamorphus into meth king Heisenberg was just brilliant television.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tusk wrote: »

I think it's a better show, brilliantly written, though I know some who couldnt get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Trigger wrote: »
    I think it's a better show, brilliantly written, though I know some who couldnt get into it

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's incredibly slow compared to BB, which is saying something.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Blackadder for me...same reasoning as my Father Ted vote....as much as I love Breaking Bad I have only rewatched it the once and have no desire to again...but I keep going back to Blackadder episodes all the time...

Saying that I cannot wait to see El Camino!!

• Advertisement

The acting outside the main characters is quite bad, the story moves at a snails pace and goes no where, every scene seems to be too long and nearly everything has to be an arty camera shot,

Its not bad far from but its not great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Trigger wrote: »

It’s much better than BB.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh god so hard pick, nearly went black adder cause of bb fly episode, I’ll never get that time back! But have to give it to breaking bad it really was brilliant most of the time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ten minutes remain

It’s much better than BB.

It is not.

All Eyes On Rafah

It is not.

Good reason there.

It is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Breaking bad because it rocks! I mean minerals. Jesus Christ Marie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's incredibly slow compared to BB, which is saying something.

tbh change Breaking bad from Walt being a Drug Kingpin and that show is slow as a snail at times, still awesome cos of how well it's written though. Better Call Saul is essentially more of the same with less extremes in terms of explosions etc of the non metaphorical sense. Great show though and im hoping El Camino is good too and gives Jesse the send off he deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Voted for Blackadder every round so far and it's one of my favourite comedies but Breaking Bad is TV drama at its finest and Bryan Cranston's performance is just incredible so just about have to give it to Breaking Bad

Good reason there.

It is.

As much reason as you have previously.

Nothing actually happens except for mundane points about ethics in law, or Jimmy antics.

It's just a long build up to nothing.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Nothing actually happens except for mundane points about ethics in law, or Jimmy antics.

Bit like your posts

*joke

bit harsh and I get the impression it's prequel tv show nature might mean it was on a no winner with you either way although it might yet explore what happened to Saul post breaking bad, they have shown bits of him then in openings etc the way they used to do flashforward kind of things in Breaking Bad.

I think vale is my spirt tv animal, except for his love of star trek we will have to surgically remove that

Jesus Christ it’s a lot more than that. Build up to nothing? Only the buildup to breaking bad and what happens afterwards. It’s a masterclass in writing and directing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Breaking Bad. Best show left in the comp and the only one that should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I think vale is my spirt tv animal, except for his love of star trek we will have to surgically remove that

But vale is my actual TV spirit animal. So please don't remove star trek! Cause it's awesome

Speaking of the show being slow at times any remember Ozymandius (spelling and ep may be wrong) the episode all about Walt being obsessed with getting a fly. Nothing happened at all and yet it was such an amazing (bottle) episode.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well.... that was one sided. Blackadder's fortune runs out and Breaking Bad strolls into the semi finals, the scare by Black Books firmly in the rear view mirror.

Tally-ho Blackadder, this is your fate

giphy.gif

Breaking Bad wins 20-7

hes-already-dead-gif-1.gif

Green&Red wrote: »
    Bit like your posts

*joke

My posts are awesome. Likes post.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Final match up and it's one I was really, really hoping would happen when I devised this tournament if I'm completely honest.

It's the mob vs 'the boys'

It's Nidge VS Tony

There's only one winner truly... right?

Let's find out.

Love/Hate

love-hate.jpg

(Can't find theme, sorry)

VS

The Sopranos

61FHxqvb4eL._SY679_.jpg

One hour time limit again. The show with the most votes with valid reasons will advance to the semifinals

Advertisement