Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Moone Boy > Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Loved both... And tempted to say Ted for the rewatchability factor.

But GoT, just fantastic TV production quality, great story telling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

20 minutes left

Game Of Thrones!! Simply the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Father Ted
    I like GoT but the final season should bar it from the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Father Ted ... Dermot Morgan was a genius

Remouad wrote: »
    Father Ted
    I like GoT but the final season should bar it from the final.

Come on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Father Ted for me...i don't think I'll ever watch GoT again.. But I'll still be watching Ted and the lads for another 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Game of thrones, the depth of the show and the source material is incredible, the show did an excellent job in translating, that was lost a little at the end but it's still the better than Ted.

I love Fr Ted btw, but it's not a fair comparison with GOT

GOT for the win

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ten minutes remain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    Game of Thrones.

Sean Bean was brilliant is this.

The waits between seasons was torture, and the fix when it came, always seem too short, then another agonizing wait until the next season comes along.

Lots of shows when they restart a new season, I go, oh yeah, I'll watch that again, but this show I was actively looking for it and cursing when it wasn't due for another month.

and...

Dragons
    giphy.gif

Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

GOT for me.

Whilst Final Season disappoints, so too did the Ted Christmas Special.

Ted is great in many ways, but GOT is great in many more - sets, storyline, characters, number of episodes

Here are ten more votes for Thrones: GoT x 10.

It wins!!!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I loved Game of Thrones, but I'd happily watch a repeat of any episode of Father Ted any time, so for that reason it gets my vote.

Zaph wrote: »
    I loved Game of Thrones, but I'd happily watch a repeat of any episode of Father Ted any time, so for that reason it gets my vote.

GET OUT!!!!

ZAPT!!!!! *angryface*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Father Ted. I tried to like Game of Thrones but the best part of it was the opening credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

There is a lot of names going on my hate list :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ZAPT!!!!! *angryface*

father-ted.png?w=380&h=294

:D

Father Ted. I tried to like Game of Thrones but the best part of it was the opening credits.

*rolleyes*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Father ted, game of thrones was good but pat mustard.

Father Ted the Wire Killer. Father Ted... dragon slayer.

Father Ted downs Game of Thrones and progresses to the final!!!!

Here's a picture of Bishop Brennan running off the dragons

d477c6ad725cebb084bfe760c340b434cf58d799?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.makeagif.com%2Fmedia%2F9-08-2015%2Ftw4ZtV.gif

Father Ted advances 17-12 to the final.

I'd like to vote for Father Ted again
    Just to see Persepoly's reaction...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Deserved. The final season of GoT was an insult to everyone that watched it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Next up and this should imo arguably be the final. The laws of the randomisation Gods have deemed it not to happen though.

Anyways....

Cranston VS Gandolfini

Pinkman VS Paulie

Skylar VS Carmella

It's going to be a slugfest. And it happens... NOW.

Breaking Bad

71%2BNTrEGZmL._SY679_.jpg

The Path So Far....

Round 1: Breaking Bad 7 - 2 Hill Street Blues
    Round 2: Breaking Bad 9 - 8 Black Books
    Round 3: Breaking Bad 11 - 3 Stranger Things
    Last 16: Breaking Bad 13 - 8 Firefly
    QFs: Breaking Bad 20 - 7 Blackadder

VS

The Sopranos

61FHxqvb4eL._SY679_.jpg

The Path So Far....

Round 1: The Sopranos 7 - 1 The Unit
    Round 2: The Sopranos 9 - 1 Better Call Saul
    Round 3: The Sopranos 11 - 5 The Simpsons
    Last 16: The Sopranos 13 - 7 The X-Files
    QFs: The Sopranos 16 - 5 Love/Hate

One hour time limit again. The show with the most votes with valid reasons will advance to the Grand Final tomorrow.

Jaysus. Father Ted was good, but not semi-final good and certainly not final good :(

Breaking Bad. Absolutely TV at top of its game. So many class moments.

Breaking Bad
    Bryan Cranston Bitch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

The Sopranos as it was both elegant and vicious. James Gandalfini was brilliant. It had Pauly and the scripts were great

Advertisement